Need Some Advice on Location

MNFISH

A good 3 year old buck

Last edited:
You realize (at least in Indiana) burial sites and access to them are open to the public. If I was to make this a plot I would simply spray to setback the grass and plant a perennial clover. "dead man's plot" would potentially be a great spot - I would avoid "tillage". Bad form........I don't think so.

I say go for it!
That's exactly what I would want my grave site to look like:)

Are you buying a plot and intending to use it soon?

You realize (at least in Indiana) burial sites and access to them are open to the public. If I was to make this a plot I would simply spray to setback the grass and plant a perennial clover. "dead man's plot" would potentially be a great spot - I would avoid "tillage". Bad form........I don't think so.

I walked away from purchasing more ground close by my existing land last year because of an old cemetery. Went to the tax office and it had a separate deed. MO law says the public can visit ANY cemetery so long as the visitors come during what would be considered normal hours. may never have had a problem but if someone wanted to screw with you this would be their in. In this case the cemetery was in the middle of the property.

Must be a nice spot - I heard people are dying to get in there!

Jeff-If you got a spot reserved for this spring,, just send those apple trees you ordered about 40 miles north.

I think a maintained perennial clover plot would be nice. It would be a food plot for the deer and keep the cemetery looking nice too. As a surveyor, I come up on old cemeteries frequently. There are many grown up and forgotten ones, its kinda sad.

Just off my east line in an unlogged buffer strip on county land, there sits an old ground blind made of carpet with a marble stone with a single initial carved in it. Apparently, the old boy that used to hunt there wanted his ashes spread there. My old neighbor would let his family cross his place to visit it annually, but they eventually quit coming. Last year we cut out a jackpine that fell on it and shored up the carpet and framing. I often sit in a ladder stand not 50 yards from it, and it's actually kind of nice to ponder all that he had seen in the 40+ years he had hunted there.

At the corner of one of our properties is a small, family cemetery; my grand-parents are both buried there. Deer walk through it and alongside it all the time, crossing the road to/from a river bottom area. I can't say I would ever plant it or hunt over it, but the deer surely don't mind. :)