Native habitat coming to a central wi green near you

:cool:

It is interesting that they are describing it as restoration and then show the picture with a sprinkler going. I have nothing against golf courses or golf, but environmentally friendly they are not. At least with this course they have made some effort with native plants. The problem comes when they start using tons of fertilizer, herbicide and water.

I've heard from some that own property over there by Lakes Sherwood and Arrowhead that real estate prices are expected to climb quickly in the coming years in large part to the golf industry. Rich folk "enjoying" the jack pine setting makes me giggle. If they only knew what that place would look like if truely restored to native habitat without irrigated golf course greens. Take a drive through the refuge on the other side of the lake. It's like a wildlife ghost town in many places.

Hey the farmers can't have all the water. If you are paying $300 for a round of golf in the middle of July, you can't look at dried up weeds and grass.
Upstream in Saratoga wysocki corp will be putting in high capacity wells on 6000 acres. There's isn't going to be a drop making it south of hwy 21.