My JD 71 Planter Experience

Thats awesome!

I bought some AMS granolas today and used it when I sprayed my beans. Disolved in water and added to my tank. I seemed to have some plugging problems with it tho. I likely should have mixed it sooner. I'm gonna look for some of the liquid when time permits.

how much granular did you use?
I use 2 lbs per acre of granular if I dont use the Powerhouse.

I bought some AMS granolas today and used it when I sprayed my beans. Disolved in water and added to my tank. I seemed to have some plugging problems with it tho. I likely should have mixed it sooner. I'm gonna look for some of the liquid when time permits.

Did you get spray grade AMS in a 51lb bag? Or just AMS you broadcast on the field?

Did you get spray grade AMS in a 51lb bag? Or just AMS you broadcast on the field?
Yep....bought the spray grade in a bag. Paid $20.

Yep....bought the spray grade in a bag. Paid $20.

Next time you premix it in water, try this. We agitate our chemicals with air from the air compressor. I have a 1/2 copper pipe with a ball valve on one end to regulate the air. Stick that in the bucket of water, with the air on while you are putting in the AMS. Instant mixing! Good Luck!

I keep empty 2.5 gallon jugs and pre-mix mine. I add my AMS and water and use a paint mixer bit on my cordless drill. I mix mine right away in the morning and then it's ready to go when I'm ready to spray.

I keep empty 2.5 gallon jugs and pre-mix mine. I add my AMS and water and use a paint mixer bit on my cordless drill. I mix mine right away in the morning and then it's ready to go when I'm ready to spray.

OK. Thanks for the pre-mixing tips. Always a learning curve with new stuff.