Mulberry zone 3?

bigboreblr

5 year old buck +
Saw a nursery im ordering trees from has mulberry. Think itll survive the adirondacks, now a zone 4. Think it will be great for grouse and snowshoe hares up there.

Local nwtf chapter had all sorts of trees years ago for sale that probably were better suited to more southern areas of our state. All the mulberry I got were kaput in a year or two in zone 4. Thought I read that some mulberry could be good up to zone 4 but whatever. Maybe if you have great soil in zone 4 area it could work out.

Edit: BTW Chinese chestnut did not fare any better.

Got a few mulberrys at home. Love seeing the squirrels amd birds go nuts in them in august and september. Might just buy one for the in laws, theyre bird lovers.

Got a few mulberrys at home. Love seeing the squirrels amd birds go nuts in them in august and september. Might just buy one for the in laws, theyre bird lovers.
What nursery if you don’t mind sharing I bought three Illinois everbearing last spring I might consider adding a couple more.

Mehrabyn nurserynin ithica ny. $10 each

They also got several good apples on m111 left too, as well as anty and m111 rootstock. Nursery would be very close to perfect if they also had dolgo rootstock.

Thanks! I like the northup and black pearl ones.

Wonder If I can graft them to my mulberrys at home and they'll still be zone 3.

What nursery if you don’t mind sharing I bought three Illinois everbearing last spring I might consider adding a couple more.
Where did you get your Illinois everbearing mulberry's?

Jung seed