Moultrie Mobile Delta Base Cellular Trail Cameras

Turkey Creek

5 year old buck +
Looking to maybe add a couple cell cams to the arsenal. I personally have always had really good luck with Moultrie cameras. Anyone have and use the Moultrie Delta Base model? Feedback good or bad appreciated!

Personally I'd stay away from moultrie, (4 out now) if you want hundreds of pics of shadows buy moultrie. This morning on ONE camera on a bright sunny day already have 20+ pics of tree shadows on the snow, summer it's tree shadows on the ground. As the sun moves shadows on ground moultrie takes a pic.

Looking to maybe add a couple cell cams to the arsenal. I personally have always had really good luck with Moultrie cameras. Anyone have and use the Moultrie Delta Base model? Feedback good or bad appreciated!
I'd run the other way. Moultrie is the reason I finally broke down and went to reconyx. I've had no luck with any newer Moultrie cameras and their cell cams are horrible.

I'm going to get a lot of flack for this recommendation, but really don't care, as you can find dirt on every single cam manufacturer, especially in the cell cam arena. I've been running the cuddelink system for 4-5 years now, and it works perfectly for my hunting application. It does what they advertise, and it's pretty cool, all things considered. If you are planning on running multiple cams (4+), then this is the best system for the money, imo.

We checked them out at the ATA show. The updated model sure does look appealing.

I'm going to get a lot of flack for this recommendation, but really don't care, as you can find dirt on every single cam manufacturer, especially in the cell cam arena. I've been running the cuddelink system for 4-5 years now, and it works perfectly for my hunting application. It does what they advertise, and it's pretty cool, all things considered. If you are planning on running multiple cams (4+), then this is the best system for the money, imo.
The idea of cuddelink, and one cell plan is great. The cameras and parts of the network operation leave a lot to be desired. For some it’s not a big deal for others it is. For me it was and is why I stopped adding to the network until things change. I have 10 cameras now. Other cell cams are definitely better IMO as long as you’re willing to tolerate higher cell costs.

I ran 27 “cell” cameras last year. 10 cuddebacks, 9 spypoint cell links, 5 stealth cams and 3 reveals. It’s $75 month for all of that. Being a spypoint insider for $100/yr and getting a free 250 images really helps keep the cost down. When you factor I can get a $50 camera, $40 cell unit, free 250 images, HD uploads. (HD uploads are key for me) for about $105 a pop vs $300+ cuddeback with battery boosters. The $20 a month on the cudde plan doesn’t seem as good of a deal as they make seem.

To be fair spypoint has a lot of short comings as well and I stay away from their cameras. So far the cell units do seem to be holding up for me. Others probably have different experiences. I haven’t sent any back yet though for repair some are going on 3 years.

Moultrie - outside of their modem system which worked pretty well. has struggled to gain their footing in this market imo. So hopefully they come out with a good one. Maybe it’s this one. But the original deltas were prone to a lot of issues early.

Reveals are fantastic cameras at a good price. But data plan wise are bit more expensive.

So really this depends on your application. Moultries over a food plot or scrape location I could see being a solid option if they work out and probably would help with detect issues others were stating.

One thing I thought I heard mentioning is that it’s an internal memory unit. I’d be weary of that. I’m sure it’ll work great when it’s working but could be a significant issue if it’s not.

I was looking at BuckEye cameras again.... not sure what they cost these days as you can't see the prices/order online. Have to email them. I had emailed them that I didn't see any place to order the cams etc and they responded that due to supply issues and demand they only take orders via phone/email. Which is bizarre. Just say how long the approximate wait time is when ordering. At least have prices etc listed. There has to be quite a few that just move on along when coming across their site. They didn't give me a price in their response. I didn't specifically ask but 🤷‍♂️

You can link over 200 cams and I think you can have it linked to your computer or via cellular. I thought they'd have a better website or at least more info on it since I last looked probably a couple of years ago. https://www.buckeyecameras.com/products.html

If I won the lottery this would be my go-to system to set up around the perimeter of the 1000 acres I'd purchase.

I think it's Jack here that uses them 🤔

I have learned since posting originally that cell service in a few key spots where I would like to put cameras is non existent. Which is a bummer, but it is what it is.

I have learned since posting originally that cell service in a few key spots where I would like to put cameras is non existent. Which is a bummer, but it is what it is.

Well that's what's nice about Cuddeback and BuckEye(there could be others as well) with the one Home camera or base- all the other cameras link together.
BuckEye can also work w/out cellular if you're doing this from home or something. It's possible you could even retrieve them on your phone via your computer/email address, I don't know.
Gets expensive though 😲

Reactions: 356
Well that's what's nice about Cuddeback and BuckEye(there could be others as well) with the one Home camera or base- all the other cameras link together.
BuckEye can also work w/out cellular if you're doing this from home or something. It's possible you could even retrieve them on your phone via your computer/email address, I don't know.
Gets expensive though 😲
I guess I forgot about that or didn't know that. So as long as one camera has a strong cell signal the other cameras can just transmit to that one camera?

I guess I forgot about that or didn't know that. So as long as one camera has a strong cell signal the other cameras can just transmit to that one camera?

Yep. I think Cuddeback's limit is 1 mile between cams in wide open terrain. Never tried them that far apart, mine are about 100yds apart in woods.
Buckeye claims up to 40 miles, so should work on anyone's property.

In the rolling, wooded hills of oklahoma, i have 1 cam 900 yds from my home unit, and it transmits fine. The other cams on my network are between 150-400 yds from the home unit. There's going to be more/less range due to amount of foliage, types of foliage, elevations, etc...but, I'm still amazed that they connect like they do. Other than the buckeye system, I don't know of any of cam manufacturer with this type of technology. Just be ready to hand over some serious money for the buckeye system. I originally bought into cuddelink so I could put my non-cell home unit where I park my truck, pull the card from the home unit to check all the pics from all the cams, and not stomp up my hunting areas checking cards. Worked like a charm. After the first year, bought the cell cam home unit, and started that service. Yep, had quite abit of fine tuning to get the system working reliably transmitting pics over cell, but once I figured out the small details, it's been working great. Out of 8 cams, only had 1 develop an issue in 5 years. Peplin creek has some good info above regarding the many types of cams he's used, and his opinion on the issues of the cuddelink system. I've had $40 cams last 4+ years, and $125 cams last only 2. I think the main point still is: there's going to be issues w/ about every manufacturer, so it's still a crap shoot with whatever you go with. If you can find a spot on your hunting property where the cell unit can get a cell signal, you should be in business. The benefits of this system greatly outweighs the issues I've had with it, for sure.

My experience with Moultrie cell cameras is mixed. I literally threw my last one away last week, and am not in the market for another Moultrie. For a small network of cameras, I would recommend Spypoint. I have the micro-link solars and Flex up and running, and between them get 600 free pictures per month—perfect for the off season monitoring.

On the farm I use the Cuddelink system, which is fodder for another thread. However, I will say I like it and it is the foundation of my camera system.

I would not hesitate on the Moultrie due to the internal memory, as the cards allow moisture, ants and other elements to enter the camera, plus it is one less thing to fiddle with once you get the system. If you get one of the new generation Delta’s, start a new thread and keep us informed. I truly hope Moultrie’s 2nd gen is a good product. There were my go-to brand for 10 years, and I really liked the Moultrie mobile software, which is superior to SpyPoint’s and Cuddebacks Current offerings.

I’m interested in something like this to cut down costs from running 4 different Spartan plans. But…the quality of Moultrie and cuddeback looks like a cell phone camera from 2000. I can’t get over that