MN Hockey Parents

McLovin

5 year old buck +
Wondering how many members have kids playing hockey and where? Maybe we can use this thread to brag about them during the season.

Emma's entering her junior year playing goalie at Simley (I.G.H.). Here's a highlight video I made from last season. Let's see and hear about yours!

And yes, I know this is pretty bad hockey for varsity but it's what you get with open enrollment. There are 6 IGH kids playing varsity hockey for different teams around the metro, her team would be so much better with them on it.

I have 2 kids in hockey.
One senior and a U12.

Its just around the corner. Where did summer go???

I played in the day, still hold a state of MN record. It was fun........well........until the coach ran off with all the ice time money and left us hanging.

What record is that MO?

Also, where did all you/your kids play?

I played for TRF, always matching up against the menacing Warroad Warriors in the section finals. (lost in the section final in '07 2-1 on a tripping penalty on our goalie with 42 seconds left :mad:...still pissed about that) Don't have kids yet, but I sure hope our youth program gets back on track when/if that day comes. Pretty embarrassing to hear how our best team between pee wees and bantams was about 4-25. But, they get to play in the Ralph. Kind of like the Twins, beautiful facility, not much of a team ;)

Wondering how many members have kids playing hockey and where? Maybe we can use this thread to brag about them during the season.

Emma's entering her junior year playing goalie at Simley (I.G.H.). Here's a highlight video I made from last season. Let's see and hear about yours!

And yes, I know this is pretty bad hockey for varsity but it's what you get with open enrollment. There are 6 IGH kids playing varsity hockey for different teams around the metro, her team would be so much better with them on it.

I'm impressed with how well they move the puck, our girls hockey was awful while I was in HS. Last couple years it's turned around into a pretty powerful team.

I played in the day, still hold a state of MN record. It was fun........well........until the coach ran off with all the ice time money and left us hanging.

What record is that MO?

If I had to take a guess (based on Mo's signature line alone) I would say penalty minutes

In baseball they have a "designated hitter" - sounds like Mo reinvented the position in Hockey, but something got lost in translation as Mo took a more literal meaning to the term!!!

Mo - someting tells me "doesn't play well with others" appeared on your report card alot as a kid.