MN Dirt Blizzard

bowhunternw

5 year old buck +
I don't know if this will work, never posted a pic before. The dirt was blowing today like I have never seen before. In the pic you can see a building site in the background.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 33
How do you make the picture bigger?

That's airborn phosphorus. Finest ditch hay in the country where u see that. Not so good for the field though.

See if this works better150413_0000.jpg

This is actually heavy red river valley soil.

wind capitol of the world. nothing more irritating than 30 mph winds all spring :)

Meanwhile in Maple Grove Twp - I had clay sticking to my shovel planting trees today.

Seems like its pretty much year round to me

This is true, the pleasures of MN!!

I just came through Royalton on the way to Little Rock 2 hrs ago on deliveries. Those guys working that sand on this windy day should be shot on site!
John, thanks for the delivery! My place is called the Sandbox for a reason.

You have the little oasis amongst the sand barrons Art!

I hear the daughter of one of my customers Bill W---er road with you last year. Small World. I hear she is pretty smart!
And she is headed to Vet school!

I went through a couple sand blizzards on Sunday on my way up 39 from 90/94 to St Point. In all my years, I'd never been in one before. The farmers weren't working their fields. It was just the particles sitting on top being blown around by the wind. It reminded me of a movie I'd watched with the wife a few weeks ago about the earth no longer being able to grow crops...More of a space movie, but that was why they were heading to space....the world was dying. I just thought the coincidence was a little weird.

$ literally flying away, the nice thing is once u neglect one resource, the soil, you can attack another one, ground water, to keep the $ flowing.
Just like our bank accounts, soil doesn't stay rich if it is neglected!