MN Deer Harvest=Boxes of Beer

SE MN will help a lot as numbers are pretty good down there

I believe Zone 3 (SE MN) is less than 10% of the MN harvest

I believe Zone 3 (SE MN) is less than 10% of the MN harvest

I'll stick to the number.

On a side note there are many deer not registered unfortunately. So the number is never accurate.

I don't know but based upon all the empty trailers I'm seeing hauled up to northern Minnesota I think a lot of people have high expectations...

Pick up where you left off on page 1, guys. I just brought a bowl of popcorn, a bag of sourdough pretzels and a cold Yuengling Lager to the computer. You guys are more entertaining than those low estimates & some deer seasons !!! :D o_O And that thing in the beer - can curlers............ What's the P & Y score on THAT head?????? !!! :eek:

And that thing in the beer - can curlers............ What's the P & Y score on THAT head?????? !!! :eek:

That 'thing' has feelings so try be sensitive. First B&C doe right there. Junk in the truck and all.

Pick up where you left off on page 1, guys. I just brought a bowl of popcorn, a bag of sourdough pretzels and a cold Yuengling Lager to the computer. You guys are more entertaining than those low estimates & some deer seasons !!! :D o_O And that thing in the beer - can curlers............ What's the P & Y score on THAT head?????? !!! :eek:
I think in its prime it probably grossed boone...but its is on the downhill slide now.....its almost beer 30 for me.

Damn it - my stomach's sore from laughing!!! This is better than any sitcom !!!

We drove up Hwy 10 from Clearwater through St. Cloud and continued north. It was surprisingly not congested. Gonna be a weird opener. Talked to another buddy last night, same thing. Thinks the pops are crap and DNR is to blame. There's more out there.

Drove from Minneapolis up 94 through Osakis to Otter tail county, plenty of trucks on the road. Very windy here, should be Rockin and Rollin in the stand tomorrow.

Good luck guys and be safe.

I'm ready to start drinking somebody's beer. Who will have it?

I'm ready to start drinking somebody's beer. Who will have it?

I don't wait for a free box to do that!

I like my chances with muzzleloader coming up.

"Minnesota hunters registered 111,000 deer through the third and last weekend of firearms deer season, down 31,000 from the same period in 2013, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources."

Since you know the population is low, are you rooting for the lowest count possible?

"Minnesota hunters registered 111,000 deer through the third and last weekend of firearms deer season, down 31,000 from the same period in 2013, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources."

Now I like my chances with ML coming up! How come Stu and shawnv are 16,000 apart? Am I missing something?

Well I know I'm rooting for a low count in my area of WI and so far was are down 20+% from last years poor numbers.

Since you know the population is low, are you rooting for the lowest count possible?
I was rooting for under 100,000 for a couple obvious reasons.

1. Drive home the point to the disengaged hunter that if we shoot everything we can, we may not get to shoot again for a long time.
2. Let the herd grow.

And you all can confirm these numbers......with the DNR?

lol...righhtttt

The numbers are gonna say what they're gonna say...which is why I went with 140K. I figured that would be about the lowest they were going to "allow" ;)

I figured so much!

Muzzy harvest was just over 7K last year...probably be around 5000-5500 this year...put you awfully close. Throw in another few thousand late archery deer...130-140K looking pretty close

I think you and Leslie are in kahoots.