Missed Opportunities

gunther89

5 year old buck +
Had 4 shooters show up in daylight this past week. Gun season opens this Saturday and I'm hoping one makes a mistake as I will be sitting in a stand 30 yards from where 2 of the shooters walked through. The first buck I'm posting is a 9.5 year old buck we call The General. My cousin actually saw him trailing a doe the day the photos were taken so that's why he was out in daylight.

those are the types of pics that get you all sorts of fired up!

There are more pictures in this thread of mature bucks during daylight than I have gotten on camera in the last 10 years... and that aint no lie.

Those are great pics and great bucks.

There are more pictures in this thread of mature bucks during daylight than I have gotten on camera in the last 10 years... and that aint no lie.

same here.....Most all my pic of bucks are at night.

Love the bedded buck pic!!!!

That crossing in the pines looks like a tremendous spot! Nice!

Love the bedded buck pic!!!!

Yea he is saying why chase tail! If I lay here it will come right by on the super highway!

I hope you get The General. What an awesome buck that would be to harvest.

My stand is literally 5 yards behind the camera in the pines :)

Cool pics, good luck with one of them.

me too...in mn. in mn, i have 2, and i mean exactly 2 pictures of mature bucks in daylight during the hunting season on my 40 acres since 2006. that is so sad. in contrast, in wisconsin this year, i probably have a dozen or so.

That's a really impressive pull on cards, all great bucks. Good luck with them.

I just looked at this thread. NICE pix !!! The buck bedded by the trail has that " Roman nose " look that really mature deer get. Looks like he's resting up for an ambush on any passing doe! It seems as though you have plenty of bucks in your area. Good luck getting one of them.

I really like the spot where the first pics of the general were taken. Is that along the edge of a swamp or wetlands? Also the general's left eye looks injured....like his eye brow is a little swollen.

The first set of pictures is actually on the edge of a pasture. It's all little thorn shrubs and just thick and nasty. Yeah the buck that is working the scrape on the 9th at night is also The General and his left eye looks fine. The General was locked down with a doe on the 10th and we can only assume he had to do some fighting in order to keep her. Hopefully his eye doesn't bother him too much.