MINNESOTA GOLD

Some melting produced some more and some easier waking. Another fun day for Perk!
DF539A40-F872-4886-82D8-4B6B36223054.jpeg
5DFEBD1C-807D-4D44-A151-B9B2379A7237.jpeg

Nothing beats the sight of a SxS set, half buried, in a snowy bed!
9A1E4772-50BB-41D3-A8BF-B31A6067E1C6.jpeg
9D9AD2CB-DF11-48B5-90A2-8CF4591DB1D5.jpeg6A7B1193-30BC-45AD-9D0D-4D0CE5BB315E.jpeg

Man your place is strong. Congrats
I’ve got many sheds off my place I haven’t posted here yet. But these latest pics are off another nearby property. So thank you but I can’t take credit for “growing” any of these bucks. I just enjoy picking up sheds anytime I can!

Nice sheds Swiffy. Good ATL pics. We got a couple this weekend. The smaller one is actually a 4.5 yr old that wouldn't even make P&Y. The bigger quickly taped 73.375" if I add 1.5" to the chewed beam tip and .5" to the brow. I think he's a 6.5 yr old who really knows how to lay low. Got his matched set two years ago.

20230217_123211_resized.jpg20230218_115346_resized.jpg

Mice seem to chew up sheds here. I'm impressed that the sheds you guys find seem to be in great shape. No mice there???

Squirrels do the major damage here. I just don't show pics of the wrecked ones! Sitting in the woods and following squirrels straight to the sheds might be a good shed hunting tactic. The big 1 we just got had 4 chews which were small enough we're attempting a restoration. First pic we put wire into the brow and beam tips. Second pic is the epoxy repairs. Final pic will be after acrylic painting to blend it.

Edited to add the pic after some paint. Could probably improve on that, but I think it'll go on the shelf now.

20230220_174504_resized.jpg20230221_193112_resized.jpg20230222_201047_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Got 1 more yesterday. We think this is just a 2 yr old, built really strong already. Hoping he doesn't cause problems for a couple better bucks this fall. All the kids have now "found" one this year. My job here is done.

20230221_142505_resized.jpg

Mice seem to chew up sheds here. I'm impressed that the sheds you guys find seem to be in great shape. No mice there???
The squirrels can eat them in a matter of days here too… that’s why I like to pull them out of 3 feet of snow with blood on the bases! 😉

Bill that 5 point shed looks pretty solid.

The problem is what to do with them. My brother cuts a few up every year for dog chews. This only about 1/2 of the collection

8B00B86E-3D04-4F99-930C-F7466DD18C5C.jpeg

If you get too many.....Tool'n needs some now and again for his knife making and bottle opener gig. Grin.

Too much snow here yet to get into the woods. I'm leaving Wed for AZ. Looks like I will miss another shed hunt.

That gives me an idea for next years knife…

If you get too many.....Tool'n needs some now and again for his knife making and bottle opener gig. Grin.

Too much snow here yet to get into the woods. I'm leaving Wed for AZ. Looks like I will miss another shed hunt.
Honestly do need to send him some more hedge and locust.

Honestly do need to send him some more hedge and locust.
I actually had no idea locust looked that good in a handle. I always just looked at locust with disdain.

I actually had no idea locust looked that good in a handle. I always just looked at locust with disdain.

Spend a ton of time spraying, but also burn it. It is pretty though.

Last edited:
The problem is what to do with them. My brother cuts a few up every year for dog chews. This only about 1/2 of the collection
Bill have you found many sheds of the big guys you’ve shot? Or is it mostly randoms that come for the winter?

I have boxes and baskets full too, but the pinnacle is always to collect years of sheds off the same buck and then shoot him. I love to track the progression of each one! And no better hard evidence of what they’ve grown, than a shed!

Bill have you found many sheds of the big guys you’ve shot? Or is it mostly randoms that come for the winter?

I have boxes and baskets full too, but the pinnacle is always to collect years of sheds off the same buck and then shoot him. I love to track the progression of each one! And no better hard evidence of what they’ve grown, than a shed!

Only one that I’m certain of certain of but he was special so it was it was very cool.
https://habitat-talk.com/threads/i-got-lucky.9939/

Twice I had sheds that belonged to deer neighbors killed. I gave them to each hunter that killed the deer.

Only one that I’m certain of certain of but he was special so it was it was very cool.
https://habitat-talk.com/threads/i-got-lucky.9939/

Twice I had sheds that belonged to deer neighbors killed. I gave them to each hunter that killed the deer.
Ahhh yes! You look happy to have found them😂 he was big the year before! Very nice!