Milestone

Angus 1895

5 year old buck +
I bought some milestone a few years back.

I need to get it used up.

what’s it good for?

Thanks

I used Milestone on a switch planting that was overtaken by dandelions. It nuked all the broadleafs and the grasses came back strong. I think it’s like a hot 24D but I’m not real familiar with it. The dnr are the ones who used it on mine. It did kill all the wildflowers I had in that planting as well as well….. not sure what the residual effects are. I’d research it plenty before you use it.

Exactly my experience, it’s too hard on clover.

that’s why it just sits.

Kills thistle!

^^^^that. Commercial guys use it to take out thistle, even the tough ones. Heard that mentioned at more than one land owner conferences they hold during the winter here in WI

Thanks I will spot spray for thistle with it.

I use milestone in my brush kill mix to control honey locust in particular and yes it does have some residual effects so only so much per acre per year can be used per the label. I add 16 oz per 100gallons of water for my spot spray along with 2 quarts of remedy and 2 quarts of surfactant.

A buddy of mine was using it to foliar spray locust and he said (virtually) nothing grew back in those areas for over a year. He was advised by his forester to use it. It's a pretty strong chemical from what we gathered after reading the label closer, don't recall the residual but it was a long time.

A buddy of mine was using it to foliar spray locust and he said (virtually) nothing grew back in those areas for over a year. He was advised by his forester to use it. It's a pretty strong chemical from what we gathered after reading the label closer, don't recall the residual but it was a long time.
I’d guess your friend exceeded the label by quite a bit.

I’d guess your friend exceeded the label by quite a bit.
Maybe, but he's not the kind of guy to do that. It's nasty stuff... From a quick Google search, sounds like his experience is exactly what this reads -
Screenshot_20230812_214814_Chrome.jpg

I sprayed it in our irrigated ditches……it was impressive how long there was no growth….but one weed came in.
so I quit it.. I don’t know the name of the weed.
but it was manageable so I might use it in the ditches again..

I was reluctant to use around my new tree seedlings. So I still have over 60% of what I bought.
if a person likes grass….not clover or trees 🌲.

it might be a go to deal.

about dandelions……my mules eat them first when turned out into new pastures….I don’t feel the need to hate on em.

I get Milestone and Stinger mixed up in my head, but If I remember correctly, both are gonna knock out all but grass for two growing seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, but he's not the kind of guy to do that. It's nasty stuff... From a quick Google search, sounds like his experience is exactly what this reads -
View attachment 55832
That’s a lot different than “nothing grew there for a year.” Used at correct rates lots of good stuff will grow in that area soon after treatment. I have several posts with pics on here showing that.

That’s a lot different than “nothing grew there for a year.” Used at correct rates lots of good stuff will grow in that area soon after treatment. I have several posts with pics on here showing that.
Absolutely nothing I said was untrue. He was using it in a timber setting where no grasses were present. Seems to follow in line with what others have also said as well as what Google says.
"Lots of good stuff will grow" seems dependant on what is in the seed bed that is milestone resistant.

Absolutely nothing I said was untrue. He was using it in a timber setting where no grasses were present. Seems to follow in line with what others have also said as well as what Google says.
"Lots of good stuff will grow" seems dependant on what is in the seed bed that is milestone resistant.
Or what you plant.

I used it with glyphosate 2/4 D on a community ditch. Three applications. One each.

I went 2,4 D….wait 24 to 48 hours, then glyphosate, then milestone, 12 to 24 hours apart.

The president of the association using the ditch was absolutely gob smaked at how “ sterile “ that part of the ditch became.

During the next winter meeting he was accusing me of being illegal in my technique.

I replied.

” It ain’t hard killing weeds……….

U just gotta care.”

“I care a lot”

Now you guys made me read the label.

The good cover crop catalogs used to publish rotation restrictions for all the common herbicides and common crops and covers. I wish I would have held onto them.

a2c29141b37e681aae80adf11992080f.jpg

2a93ebe49b4b28fadae014eb25939748.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk