All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Menards Sale

sandbur

5 year old buck +
103a06877e8d16363a7dd66631b18a9c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang! That's an awesome price! Ours here is still $114

thanks for posting sandbur!

Shoot, online mine says 130 still. Been checking all yr and never saw a sale price yet.

$88 at the next nearest Menards. With cheap gas that should pay to make a run. Need lawn fertilizer too. Fruit production is essential biz w/o a doubt. It's national security. I'll take dad and have him wear his Vietnam vet cap in case we run into trouble.

Shoot, online mine says 130 still. Been checking all yr and never saw a sale price yet.

Starts March 29 per flyer.

That’s awesome price. We don’t have Menards here unfortunately. Closest one 255 miles away

Thanks for the heads up, we have been watching. Looks like all the local stores i checked in Southeast Wisconsin are all around $99/roll. We still have a half dozen rolls and actually just scored some cheapies on craigslist but if it drops again we'll probably grab a few more.

The wire is now on sale on the Wisconsin side ... even though Eau Claire shows a higher store price online I got it for 79 a roll. Hudson has it in stock too.

I like the mazel stuff better but this is the best price I have seen for a long time. And farm and fleet and fleet and farm doesn’t seem to stock it anymore.

thanks Sandbur for the heads up I kept checking and saw it was on sale here now

Attachments

• 8B496FD9-B8D9-4ED1-BAD7-5354B3A1BB93.jpeg
    8B496FD9-B8D9-4ED1-BAD7-5354B3A1BB93.jpeg
    312 KB · Views: 24
The wire is now on sale on the Wisconsin side ... even though Eau Claire shows a higher store price online I got it for 79 a roll. Hudson has it in stock too.

I like the mazel stuff better but this is the best price I have seen for a long time. And farm and fleet and fleet and farm doesn’t seem to stock it anymore.

thanks Sandbur for the heads up I kept checking and saw it was on sale here now

It looks like you got some decent rolls. A few years ago, some were pretty well damaged.

I went and grabbed my single roll this morning at 7 a.m. sharp, right after the old people hour. They actually had shiny rolls on a high rack, so close yet so far away. I grabbed a rusty roll, knowing the shiny ones will probably be rusty in a week. Trying to multi-task, I went back in the store to buy $275 more dollars worth of groceries, supplies, and Easter goodies for the kids. Checkout lady gave me a hard time for getting 3 dozen eggs. Told her I didn't see a sign. Pretty pizzed about the egg nazi wench. Maybe I'll take my business to Home Depot next time. Cavey how many trees are you putting in this year? That's a load again!

I picked up a roll on Tuesday, along with a couple sheets of plywood, some 1x6, 1x8, and 2x4. Got my cages cut and around the trees already. They were trees grafted last spring, transplanted in the fall, and just had the 2' high hardware screen around them to keep rabbits away. Deer nipped the top off of 4 out of about 20, but that won't hurt any.

Making a couple Mason bee homes with the 1x boards. My first Mason bee woke up today and I don't have anything flowering yet. Hyacinth may be open tomorrow, so I'll be setting the bees out. Supposed to be our second day in the 60's.

My bees woke in fridge too no flowering yet central iowa prob put out weekend bee houses ready though couple pears really close

I went and grabbed my single roll this morning at 7 a.m. sharp, right after the old people hour. They actually had shiny rolls on a high rack, so close yet so far away. I grabbed a rusty roll, knowing the shiny ones will probably be rusty in a week. Trying to multi-task, I went back in the store to buy $275 more dollars worth of groceries, supplies, and Easter goodies for the kids. Checkout lady gave me a hard time for getting 3 dozen eggs. Told her I didn't see a sign. Pretty pizzed about the egg nazi wench. Maybe I'll take my business to Home Depot next time. Cavey how many trees are you putting in this year? That's a load again!

I would like to get a 100 plus out of my nursery but with my job - this virus crap, a 14 month old and my wife working from home... I have no idea what I will get moved this spring. I have 25 or so bigger trees that I have to get out, a dozen that I marked for a buddy. My goal is to load my property with crabs and apples - plus I have a bunch of young cider trees to add to my main or soon to be main orchard. The way things are running I will have to move many in the late fall after they go dormant. I prefer the spring. I had logging done and have butt ends and junk wood sitting on my crp ground which they will flip out about once they get their aerial photos in this spring. So... ya, I have a ton of trees to deal with... been doing a 100 or so grafts per year this is my 4 th year so - though I have lost a few I have many in the nursery and the remaining 4 year olds need to get bare rooted.

I got 10 rolls just because I had some extra land rent money and have been waiting to buy wire for a long time and this was the best price I have seen for a long while. Figured I did not want to deal with a need for it later. This should cover me for a while. I could use more... the price per foot is hard to beat.

I would like to get a 100 plus out of my nursery but with my job - this virus crap, a 14 month old and my wife working from home... I have no idea what I will get moved this spring. I have 25 or so bigger trees that I have to get out, a dozen that I marked for a buddy. My goal is to load my property with crabs and apples - plus I have a bunch of young cider trees to add to my main or soon to be main orchard. The way things are running I will have to move many in the late fall after they go dormant. I prefer the spring. I had logging done and have butt ends and junk wood sitting on my crp ground which they will flip out about once they get their aerial photos in this spring. So... ya, I have a ton of trees to deal with... been doing a 100 or so grafts per year this is my 4 th year so - though I have lost a few I have many in the nursery and the remaining 4 year olds need to get bare rooted.

I got 10 rolls just because I had some extra land rent money and have been waiting to buy wire for a long time and this was the best price I have seen for a long while. Figured I did not want to deal with a need for it later. This should cover me for a while. I could use more... the price per foot is hard to beat.

One year I did about 50 bench grafts. Now I am down to five or six and will just top work the rest of the scion.

I must have close to 200 trees and can walk my property and find a blooming tree with old fencing around it. I had to plant it. Heck if I remember what it was!

One year I did about 50 bench grafts. Now I am down to five or six and will just top work the rest of the scion.

I must have close to 200 trees and can walk my property and find a blooming tree with old fencing around it. I had to plant it. Heck if I remember what it was!

This is my last year doing large numbers of grafts ...unless I try and start selling trees which I have thought about. (those trees will never have to be planted by me though). But my nightmare is now real as all those trees I did over the last few years need to be moved out to locations on the land and I have alot to do. I should have done more direct plantings post grafting. I just wasnt sure of what survival rate I would have. My goal is about 300 trees out on the farm.... Im roughly a third of the way there.