Meat Grinder

stevenk03

A good 3 year old buck
We do all of our own butchering and make a lot of smoked sausage, all we have is a kitchen aid grinder attachment it works fine but want a bigger one. I have been looking at the LEM #12 Big Bite and the Cabela's Carnivore Commercial-Grade 0.75hp Grinder. Anyone have either of these? Or any opinions on any other ones?

We do all of our own butchering and make a lot of smoked sausage, all we have is a kitchen aid grinder attachment it works fine but want a bigger one. I have been looking at the LEM #12 Big Bite and the Cabela's Carnivore Commercial-Grade 0.75hp Grinder. Anyone have either of these? Or any opinions on any other ones?

Have used the Cabelas Pro 450. Works well. Gets warm and keeps running. Easy enough to clean. It is a 450 watt motor. I don’t remember the conversions but think it is a little over a half horsepower. I trim a lot before grinding and think if you don’t trim any then I would go up a size.

What is your smoked sausage recipe? I want to try that.

I upgraded a couple years ago. I went with the LEM, I don’t recall what size, but I believe it was the 3/4 hp one, 12#. It chews up everything. Love it!

C402C889-FBB5-4BFF-A92D-4E2834C817AC.png

I have the LEM #12 and really like it. I would recommend it to anyone.

I also have a LEM, it has been a great unit and has always worked well.

I have the big cabelas grinder. I'm very happy with it. I used to use one that is connected to my meat saw but it often clogged and was a mess to clean. The cabelas unit almost never clogs for me. It has a reverse, so when it did clog once or twice, it was just a matter of flipping the switch in reverse. It dismantles easily and is very easy to clean.

Thanks,

Jack

I have the 3/4 HP Cabela's Carnivore and love it! Also have the Cabela's Mixer and Cabela's Sausage Stuffer. I am told they are made for Cabelas by LEM but don't know that for certain. Get the electric foot pedal, a couple different sized grinding plates and some plastic tubs and your are good-to-go.

Bear and pork for brats:

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1254.jpgIMG_1268.jpg

Ground venison for jerky - coarse grind:

IMG_1528.jpg

Find grind:

IMG_1530.jpg

Electric mixer can mix 25# at a time. You can either do it by hand or attach it to the grinder:

IMG_1166.jpg

I have the 3/4 HP Cabela's Carnivore and love it! Also have the Cabela's Mixer and Cabela's Sausage Stuffer. I am told they are made for Cabelas by LEM but don't know that for certain. Get the electric foot pedal, a couple different sized grinding plates and some plastic tubs and your are good-to-go.

Bear and pork for brats:

View attachment 17408

View attachment 17409View attachment 17410

Ground venison for jerky - coarse grind:

View attachment 17411

Find grind:

View attachment 17412

Electric mixer can mix 25# at a time. You can either do it by hand or attach it to the grinder:

View attachment 17413
Great setup. I have a grinder, and the stuffer, need the mixer....

Thanks Swat1018 - I really like the Cabela's Dehydrator too. My wife dehydrates apples and will be doing berries this year. I got the Cabela's Jerky Blaster for making ground venison jerky and it came out very well in the dehydrator too:

Apple slices for a healthy snack:

IMG_0043.jpg

Jerky Blaster:

IMG_1654.jpg

Ground venison jerky:

IMG_1658.jpg