making preserves!!

huntall

5 year old buck +
We made fig preserves 2 weeks ago. Fig preserves is my all time favorite! We made twenty jars of the figs.

Now we are making pear preserves. We have two and a half gallons of them on the stove now. The pear preserves is my wife's favorite.

As a bonus......when the pear preserves get done, we gonna roll out some biscuit dough and use the fresh pear preserves as filling for some fried pies topped with powdered sugar.

Dang I'm hungry! Pictures to come.

We have done this with apple as well, but we use soft shell tortillas and pan fry them in a tiny bit of oil.

Turned out good!

I know most of you probably have not had fried pear pies, but they are really good!

I know most of you probably have not had fried pear pies, but they are really good!

No I never have. But instead of just taking your word for it you should send me some samples! My address is......:D

Not sure how you make your fig preserves but you might try a small batch using half honey and half cane sugar in place of regular sugar.

Like the pear fried pie idea, gonna steal that for sure.

Not sure how you make your fig preserves but you might try a small batch using half honey and half cane sugar in place of regular sugar.
Might have to give the honey idea a try on a small batch.