Loyal drag harrow

Peeps

5 year old buck +
Was at TSC looking at a Loyal drag harrow 4' X 4' that they have for $229. It looks very solid but wondering if I should get a longer drag. I am going to pull it behind my wheeler to smooth out my plots and maintain my trails. Wondering if anyone has one of these and what their opinions are on them.

If it is built like their disc it should last a long long time.

You can see in the video when they are aerating the lawn how it just kind of bounces up and over stuff, this is what happens with roots as well. It would be a very strange circumstance for it to truly hang up on something.

I think the 4 x 4 sized drag will do just fine. I have a similar one and it is a great tool. Don't be afraid to run it with the chains up to smooth out a plot before planting.

I own a 4x8' drag like this. Basically it's two 4' sections - one behind the other. I bought a 4'er for each of my son in laws for road maintenance etc. I think these are great food plot tools. While I own an 8 foot long.....I don't think it's really worth the extra money for most of us. If I were buying today, I would just get a 4'er and save the money for other toys......errrr implements. ;)

As said there are three ways to pull these drags......I typically use the most aggressive way with my road and seed bed work. But, occasionally I will flip it over to do more of a "smoothing" action.

Great tools! Will outlast most of us. We pull ours behind our 4 wheeler.

Peeps
I don't know where your from but I picked up a 8' at Fleet. It's made by Roth/Loyal. It's built tough. Like Foggy said you can flip it to do what you want. I've used mine with each section flipped in different ways and love that option. Myself I'd go with the 8' for not a whole lot more. I pull it behind the ATV also
http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/-multi-use-tine-harrow/0000000062231

Tooln
That looks like a great unit. For only $20 more than the 4' I was looking at it is a no brainer. Should work great on my plots and trails. Thanks for the info.

Tooln
That looks like a great unit. For only $20 more than the 4' I was looking at it is a no brainer. Should work great on my plots and trails. Thanks for the info.
Glad to help.

Dragged my trails with this unit the past weekend. It really does a great job!! I'm glad I went with the 4X8 model.

Glad you like it. I'd suggest to connect the tailing pieces to prevent them from getting tangled. Trust me they can be a bear to undo.

Glad you like it. I'd suggest to connect the tailing pieces to prevent them from getting tangled. Trust me they can be a bear to undo.

I have that problem too. Very hard to un-tangle. Tooln......what did you use to "connect" those loose links?

I have the 4x4 by Loyal and it is awesome. Makes a nice seed bed and breaks up clumps of clay.

From this:

IMG_4758_zpscc45d62c.jpg

To this:

IMG_4760_zps0d2361be.jpg

This:

IMG_4752_zpsc3ba20fb.jpg

To this:

IMAG0453_zps0e93fece.jpg

I have that problem too. Very hard to un-tangle. Tooln......what did you use to "connect" those loose links?
I made up one just like the hitch end but without the chain & ring for the hitch. Simple cheap and very effective. Sorry I don't have a pic.

I made up one for a buddy today. Less than $15 for materials. Yellow paint has it's reasons, 1 I had some, 2 if it ever comes off it will be easy to find.