Looking for advice, what would u do?

trampledbyturtles

5 year old buck +
Trees are being delivered at a rapid pace, struggling to stay ahead. Have about a third in the ground. Rest are waiting to be planted. Today was gunna be the day as I have a half day of work an the sun is shinning.

Then the forcast changed. Calling for 1 to 3 inches of snow. An temps right at 31 degress two nights in a row. With rain in the forcast most of the week.

Would like to get them in the ground an get rain on them, but dont want to risk planting in 70 degree sun today, then drop them to right at freezing.

Also, time is short with work restraints, running out of time.

What would you guys do?

Edit: should add, right now the plan is to bust my tail and plant till dark.

Last edited:
Plant the trees

Plant them as soon as possible.

Plant them. They will be ok.

Plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thz for the vote of confidence fellas.

I would plant what you can don't get wound up about the ones you can't...no need to stress at all if time is a constraint trees will keep fine in a cool dark spot just keep roots moist. Habitat work is really a enjoyable hobby in the end, enjoy it. If you can recruit a little help do that...the temp turning cold won't hurt the trees planted today at all with roots tucked in dirt good.

^^^^^^^^agree with last statement Re: Roots covered in dirt

Get after it!!!!!!!

bill

Trees are being delivered at a rapid pace, struggling to stay ahead. Have about a third in the ground. Rest are waiting to be planted. Today was gunna be the day as I have a half day of work an the sun is shinning.

Then the forcast changed. Calling for 1 to 3 inches of snow. An temps right at 31 degress two nights in a row. With rain in the forcast most of the week.

Would like to get them in the ground an get rain on them, but dont want to risk planting in 70 degree sun today, then drop them to right at freezing.

Also, time is short with work restraints, running out of time.

What would you guys do?

Edit: should add, right now the plan is to bust my tail and plant till dark.

What would I do? Move to some place with a warmer climate!

Don’t stress, it isn’t worth it....

Cover your trees, put a fire in and grab a glass of single batch bourbon on ice or 3 ... everything looks better after a good nap :emoji_wink:

Order fewer trees:emoji_wink:

If the trees are dormant and roots moist, I don’t get worried about weather changes. A good time to plant is when the ground isn’t frozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A big cooler, wet saw dust and some block ice and you can take your time and do it after this BS storm blows through. Dormant trees are tough, I have planted them in snow storms its not fun but like others have said... plant them. But I have two huge insulated coolers that have been awesome for keeping them in cold storage in just such cases.