Look what's on sale at Menards

I wait till fall to put the screens on, otherwise there will be a lot of sprouts in the screen. By waiting you can clip off all those little sprouts before you staple the screens on.

I guess all of us are in " stocking up " mode. Mesh for cages, screen, lumite, conduit for stakes. I just finished all my tree tags for this spring. Aluminum 1" x 3.5" tags engraved with apple or crab name, rootstock, and 2015. #14 insulated solid copper wire for attaching. They're all in a plastic ice cream tub in my truck ready to roll. Re-bar stakes, 2 rolls of soft tie-wire, small bolt cutters, landscape cloth - all ready to go.

Aglok is also a great supply to have in the orchard. I use 2-3 pieces to keep the tree attached to the conduit. You can easily expand and move them around as the tree grows.

Picked up 150ft yesterday. It didn't fit very well in my little Kia but we made it home ok. Time to start making circles...

Isn't there a number of squares to go by to cut the correct length? I thought I remembered hearing this?

A 15-ft length will make a 5-ft diameter cage. The squares are 6 inches, so 30 squares will give you 15 ft. And the 150-ft roll will give you 10 cages.

Put a fixed loop in the end of a string, then cut it to the right length. Hook it over a cut end and lay on the mesh to identify the correct section to cut.

Brutal efficiency. ;)