Logger Access

Thanks for the good suggestions everyone. When I asked posted this topic I was hoping someone had actually been through this before or knew the going rate for access was $$$$ per 1/4 mile.

We just had part of our property logged two years ago and will have another part logged in two more years. We do want to have the existing/old road that they will use improved. Public access in that area is not an issue in our situation, but a valid concern if others are considering this in the future. We do burn wood in the cabin, but have way more that we can use, we plan to sell some of it, and really don't want any more work.

EOB is this land in WI. I'm pretty sure that you can only have 160 acres of closed mfl land per county. The rest has to be open if you want it in the mfl program. This might explain all the hunting pressure in there.

This timber company has each 40 owned by a different entity, this is how they get around the limits in the MFL program. Right or wrong it is currently legal. There is also a push to have the law changed so these closed lands can be leased. If that happens our situation could change for the better or worse.