Life is Good!

I flew the whole family to Denver last week, rented an SUV and drove up to an AirBnB in Estes Park, Colorado. We spent 3 days up there and did a ton of hiking and exploring in Rocky Mountain National Park (I am NOT a hiker). I would HIGHLY recommend that trip to anyone. It blew us away beyond all expectations. We were damn near in tears to leave. It was a 12 out of 10 for sure!! Biggest mistake of my life only booking 3 nights.

Saw hundreds of elk in town, including one in front of my SUV in the roundabout that refused to move and blocked traffic. Saw 7 decent bulls grouped up right along side of the road. Dozens of mule deer. Hiked 18 miles and 575 flights of stairs in 3 days according to an app the kids had. Absolutely stunning views that no picture can ever do justice and are burned into my memory. I will likely daydream of going back every single day until I can actually make it back there.

WTF am I doing in shithole, MN???? I fcking hate it here. The view off my deck in CO looked right at Long's Peak (the highest point in RMNP). I'd rather be broke in Colorado then rich in MN....Park Ranger seems like a solid job to me.

Nice. I briefly lived in Boulder in my younger days. Made the drive to Estes Park once. It is an amazing place. Must've been a herd of 50 elk standing on the golf course. Bet I saw 300 total elk along with mule deer, big horn sheep. It was amazing to walk out my front door and see the Rocky's every day.

I flew the whole family to Denver last week, rented an SUV and drove up to an AirBnB in Estes Park, Colorado. We spent 3 days up there and did a ton of hiking and exploring in Rocky Mountain National Park (I am NOT a hiker). I would HIGHLY recommend that trip to anyone. It blew us away beyond all expectations. We were damn near in tears to leave. It was a 12 out of 10 for sure!! Biggest mistake of my life only booking 3 nights.

Saw hundreds of elk in town, including one in front of my SUV in the roundabout that refused to move and blocked traffic. Saw 7 decent bulls grouped up right along side of the road. Dozens of mule deer. Hiked 18 miles and 575 flights of stairs in 3 days according to an app the kids had. Absolutely stunning views that no picture can ever do justice and are burned into my memory. I will likely daydream of going back every single day until I can actually make it back there.

WTF am I doing in shithole, MN???? I fcking hate it here. The view off my deck in CO looked right at Long's Peak (the highest point in RMNP). I'd rather be broke in Colorado then rich in MN....Park Ranger seems like a solid job to me.

View attachment 34165View attachment 34166View attachment 34167View attachment 34168View attachment 34169
The Western part of the state is all mountains and the Eastern part is all flat but ALL of it is amazingly beautiful! I lived in Avon CO. for a couple years, we did so many roadtrips and hikes to remote trout fishing lakes that have no roads leading to. Such a beautiful State!