Liberty trees not looking good

chummer

5 year old buck +
i planted 5 libertys this spring and they all look like this. They are scattered in a plot with 20 other Apple trees that are all doing good to great. Any guesses as to why only the liberties are having problems.

image.jpg

I have sprayed them with Bonnie orchard spray. The last time was 3 weeks ago. I have not sprayed any weed killer near them. They are all spread out

Yes I sprayed it on the trees. I used it because something was eating the leaves.

Really looks like some type of chemical damage to me, if not that...then I have no idea.
I sprayed around some tree tubes but they were at least 50 yards away. Just strange it is only the liberties with other trees 15 yards away

You can kind of see it in the picture, the old growth appears to be fine. They are still dark green. It is only effecting the new growth.

Do you use your sprayer for Herbicide applications as well? Or just insecticides? Maybe a little bit of contamination if so?

I agree with smsmith, check for aphids.

Notice a bunch of aphids and/or ants on the trees?

Several of the trees had aphids, a couple had ants. Not sure if it was the libertys or other trees. Do aphids cause the leaves to curl?

Ants/aphids always hit my youngest trees. I just keep spraying Sevin when I can until I no longer see them. Usually clear up in a couple weeks.

Do the leaves straighten after they are gone?

What are the 4 black dots in the middle of the photo towards the bottom?

Those are holes where something ate through.