Lawn sweeper

bueller

Any of you guys use a lawn sweeper? I have a bunch of oaks in my yard. It takes multiple passes with the lawn tractor to chop the leaves up but sometimes they are so deep that even after multiple passes they still smother the ground. Menards has a 42" model $60 off right now.

I had an attachment that went over the discharge chute on my mower and into two large bags on the back of the tractor. I quit using it. It would constantly plug up in the area between the discharge chute and the bags. You had to go very slow and take half of the 60 inch deck cutting area at a time for it to work. Never use a pull behind model.

My brother-in-law picked up a used Agri-king lawn vacuum to tow behind our cub cadet mower. When the leaves come down fast and furious it's the only tool in the arsenal. It has a standalone five horse motor on the tongue the runs the vacuum and it holds about 3 yards of chop leaves. It's probably the best thing we've ever purchased to use in the garden, as all those leaves go right on top of my mulch beds in the fall.

I live in the woods, a 600 or bigger will blow 6 inches of wet leaves.

Clears a mean trail to a treestand also.

image.png

^^^^^^^^^^^ badass

bill