All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Land clearing option

you can get a DOZER /LOADER, makes stacking things a lot easier, and even pushing down any larger tree's, getting bucket up higher on them!
and maybe a grapple buck or root bucket, to end up with less soil in piles too? but costs here might not make it worth while, if your trying to be as cheap as possible with extra buckets on hand??
if your hiring someone, however they might have them and be able to use ??

Luckily there aren't any large trees to take out. It's all saplings around 1-1.5". Anything bigger then that I can chainsaw out. It's about 80% gum saplings that are too crowded to really do anything but grow up- literally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Another thought; what about spray and burn when everything gets crispy? It might take a little longer but would be far less expensive. As well, if you have a million sweetgums they are bad to resprout if you don't get all the roots. Spraying would kill'em dead as anvil and you wouldn't be dealing with sprouting down the road.

I have a jd 50g and it would be perfect for that project. I also have a few d3 dozers and would certainly choose the excavator(50g) for what you have there. Excavator will be slower moving but you can dig,grab and stack, level or doze with the blade and if you get in a soft spot you can always get yourself out with the bucket. I rented a small excavator a couple years ago for I think about $500.00 a week(40hrs). Make sure that you get a bucket w/thumb for grabbing and an ex. with a blade(6-way blade is better but straight will get it done). Dozer would do it also but the only way to move your debris is by pushing. I wish I was close to you---I would do it for free.