Lake Lida, Pelican Rapids area

Turkey Creek

5 year old buck +
All right you Minnesotans the family and I are heading up to to Pelican Rapids area to Lida Lake to say at a friend of my wifes cabin before the end of August. Anything worth seeing or great places to eat at within a short drive? We lived in Lisbon, ND for 3 years and know the Fargo area fairly well, just not the area to the east of the river in the land of the Golden Gophers.

Maplewood State Park if you are into canoeing, hiking or fishing. You have to buy a state park sticker. I think you can just buy one at the gate. They have some small motorized and non motorized lakes and trails throughout the woods.

As for food Zorbaz on Pelican Lake or in Detroit Lakes. Hotel Shoreham between Lake Melissa and Lake Sallie. Spanky's by Rose Lake.

I am sure I am missing a bunch but that is all I can think of off the top of my head.

We have access to a boat on Lake Lida. I was planning on doing some fishing there. Thanks for the reccomendations on places to eat.

I've always heard good things about Lida....and have been on the water there. I just cannot remember my experiences there. Musta been good. :)

For (somewhat) up to date info on Lida......go to "lake finder (mndnr) .com". The dnr has a fishing report on nearly every lake in the state.

Thanks guys. I dont think it shows fishing reports though. Hopefully the locals arent too tight lipped when we get there and they will point us in the right direction.

Well I am not too particular on what I catch. I would like to catch a couple small mouth though simply because I have never caught one.

Most people are talking North Lida when they say Lida. It is a good all around lake. Walleye fishing is pretty good in the spring. If you want to catch smallies, I usually have best luck when I'm lindy rigging for walleyes. I guess bass guys would call that a carolina rig. If you really want to catch smallmouth, take a trip one day to Big Cormorant.