Korean Giant Pear tree issue

ToddG

5 year old buck +
I have a Korean Giant Pear tree and the leaves appear to be lime/yellow green. Shouldn't they be dark green like the rest of my pear trees? If this is an issue, any ideas on what it might be and how to remedy it? I just spread some aged manure around it this morning.
ThanksIMG_20200419_094532.jpgIMG_20200419_094540.jpg

I will be following closely. I had a 2nd leaf apple tree get lime green leaves like that and within a couple months it was dead. Hopefully someone can help you and save your tree

All of the Asian Pears I grow (Korean Giant is one of them) have lighter colored leaves than any of my European Pears. Pictures on the Internet can be deceiving, but your picture looks very similar to the way that all of my Asian Pears look. Kieffer is thought to be a cross between an Asian Pear and European Pear, but its appearance is much more European, with the darker leaves.

However, in my experience, lighter colored leaves on any apple trees I have ever grown indicates some type of an issue. Sometimes a little fertilizer and lime might do the trick.

All of the Asian Pears I grow (Korean Giant is one of them) have lighter colored leaves than any of my European Pears. Pictures on the Internet can be deceiving, but your picture looks very similar to the way that all of my Asian Pears look. Kieffer is thought to be a cross between an Asian Pear and European Pear, but its appearance is much more European, with the darker leaves.

However, in my experience, lighter colored leaves on any apple trees I have ever grown indicates some type of an issue. Sometimes a little fertilizer and lime might do the trick.
Thanks for the info. This pear is within 30ft of a kieffer pear that looks great.

Thanks for the info. This pear is within 30ft of a kieffer pear that looks great.

Here you go - some pics from my yard. First is Ayers, Second is Kieffer and third is Korean Giant:

n3iwW3C.jpg

3kzdyeX.jpg

nJUpgoj.jpg

Here you go - some pics from my yard. First is Ayers, Second is Kieffer and third is Korean Giant:

n3iwW3C.jpg

3kzdyeX.jpg

nJUpgoj.jpg
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your pictures. That looks just like mine. That makes me feel better.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your pictures. That looks just like mine. That makes me feel better.

You're welcome and best wishes.

I checked one of my Korean Giant pear trees I planted in the Fall yesterday. The leaves on mine are also a lime green color like yours. This is the first year seeing leaves, so I presume it, like yours, is doing just fine.

Last edited:
I'm hoping I'll get some scion wood from mine next spring.

Is there anyone who has any experience with tree removal experts? I want to remove Oak from the backyard.