Just Bought The Neighbor's 15 Acre Parcel

Steel over shingles I’ve used heavy weight felt paper between them and I’ve screwed 2x4 purlins over the top of the shingles with longer screws into the roof joists. It kind of depends on if the roof sheathing below the shingles was solid enough to hold steel screws or not. Either way it looks like you have a nice place to remodel and add to your habitat management plan.

Thanks b116757. That's certainly an option I was thinking about. I've done a few raised ribbed metal roofs before, but only on outbuildings and barns. Never tried one on a home.

Are the basement walls block or poured concrete?

Poured concrete.

I do not envy your foundation repair.

Yes...exactly. The remodel is at least 5 years out. I just won't have time until I retire I think.
If MA is anything like NY they will tax you plenty on that remodeled or not. 🙂

I do not envy your foundation repair.

Yeah, I hear you. Fortunately I have a pretty good network of friends with equipment, so I think the excavation part should be fine. As for pushing the wall back out...yeah, I am not sure the best way to go. Seems like there are few ways to go about it. None of them are inexpensive.

If MA is anything like NY they will tax you plenty on that remodeled or not. 🙂

The first thing we did was file an abatement! But yes, they don't call it Taxachusetts for nothing! 😄

Sounds like exciting times for you.

Congratulations!

I am no builder but steel is 4 roofs , pex is 4 pipes.

Sounds like exciting times for you.

Congratulations!

I am no builder but steel is 4 roofs , pex is 4 pipes.

Thanks Angus. Appreciate it.