John Deere Grain Drill

^ Wow. That seems like a heckuva deal to me. Nice size for plotting.

You don't find a lot of ground lift seeders that are still in that good of shape must have been in a shed. I saw a 12 ft in worse shape go for 575 at a auction last month. This one looks like a good deal!

If it were only closer.

If it were only closer.

An 8.5' drill would be about ten feet wide at the tires. Still too big for my uses.....and I'd be banging it against the trees. I'd buy it.....if Tooln would cut it in half and make my half a three point drill. ;) Then it could work for my situation.

Just dreaming here. I'm afraid I'm destined to be a broadcaster for a long time to come. Trails and mini plots don't work too well with any pull-type drill.

An 8.5' drill would be about ten feet wide at the tires. Still too big for my uses.....and I'd be banging it against the trees. I'd buy it.....if Tooln would cut it in half and make my half a three point drill. ;) Then it could work for my situation.

Just dreaming here. I'm afraid I'm destined to be a broadcaster for a long time to come. Trails and mini plots don't work too well with any pull-type drill.

Again if I were only closer. I never sectioned a drill but anything is possible. But for my trails and size plots just not worth the effort. I'm doing fine broadcasting.

sometimes I think I would want to pull have a drill behind my little JD 1023E. Also at times I would like a little 3 point 1 row corn planter.

Since the JD1023E is a SCUT I have also though about getting a Hoss Seeder or 2 and attaching to a three point
http://hosstools.com/product/hoss-seeder/

We have almost the exact same drill except 10 feet wide. We love it and use it for just about everything. Haven't tried corn in it but might one of these days. Works great on everything else.

Pretty easy to convert a pull type grain drill into a 3 pt. That's what I did and it makes a world of a difference!

Pretty easy to convert a pull type grain drill into a 3 pt. That's what I did and it makes a world of a difference!
How wide is the drill you converted? Pics?

My drill is 6' wide (planter box) with the 3 pt conversion it works great for trails and little hunting plots. Not sure if I have any pics, but will look. Planters put away in shed but might be able to snap a couple tomorrow