It doesn't get any better than this.....

Sorry, we forgot to weigh the big one. The biggest we have weighed up til this deer was right at 200 dressed. This one was probably real close to that, maybe a hair over.

Daydreamer, the youth season will quickly become your favorite.

It's pretty amazing how things change when you have kids...Hoping we will see some deer to keep her interested. She'll probably want me to shoot one though if we see one!

Good stuff all around.

Somehow I kept hunting. I didn't shoot and recover a deer for my first 7 years of hunting and didn't see my first deer while hunting till my 4th year.

Good stuff all around.

Somehow I kept hunting. I didn't shoot and recover a deer for my first 7 years of hunting and didn't see my first deer while hunting till my 4th year.
Whoa, that's dedication. I would likely not have stuck it out in that situation. And keep in mind that kids now have MUCH more to occupy their free time than when "we" were younger.

Whoa, that's dedication. I would likely not have stuck it out in that situation. And keep in mind that kids now have MUCH more to occupy their free time than when "we" were younger.

No question. 3 years of not seeing a deer was tough. I was really happy kid when I shot my first deer after 7 years. LOL

I was only gun hunting so only had a few days a year to hunt. And was hunting on public land in the Nicolet National forest in the really big woods. Tough hunting. The Nicolet doesn't give you anything easy.

Most guys average shooting a buck about every 10 years in that area. The really good hunters can shoot one every 3-5 years.

Congrats to all!

Thanks for posting.

Kids in camp and trees is my favorite time.

Congrats to every one.