Iowa sucessful shed hunt -2015

bwoods11

5 year old buck +
Iowa Sheds 2015.jpg Another good shed hunt on 120 acres in South Central Iowa. We found 4 within the first 20 minutes.... 13 total for the weekend + another four shed antlers that were from previous years. Average size was good, although no giants. Most of the sheds were 2 and 3 year old bucks, with possibly one buck that was 4 years old.

Here are some photos.

I'll attach one photo of a crossing near a creek that had the most deer tracks and sign that I have ever seen in my life.Andy (sheds in 15).jpg

Creek crossing area (bread and butter spot)deer trail 15.jpg

Very nice. Its good to see that shed hunting is more entertaining in states whose initials aren't MN. I've put in over 20 hours and my wife has put in about 10...and we've found one set of 3 pointer sheds :oops:
That is one more than we have found in MN.

I am sitting a one 3pt. this year in MN as well. Some really nice days to be out walking around lately though.

Looks like an awesome time in Iowa.

I am sitting a one 3pt. this year in MN as well. Some really nice days to be out walking around lately though.

Looks like an awesome time in Iowa.

There were quite a few guys out shed hunting their farms and on public, I know it stimulates the economy quite a bit for all those guys staying in hotels and spending money in small towns.

Congrats! good find, this time of the year it's just great to get out.

There were quite a few guys out shed hunting their farms and on public, I know it stimulates the economy quite a bit for all those guys staying in hotels and spending money in small towns.

Thats funny. Our small towns struggle to get guys looking for deer and Iowa gets them spending to pick up used parts from old deer.

very nice!!!

Nice!!! Can't wait to get after some sheds! Hope to tomorrow

Very nice. I'll have to try shed hunting some day.

I found 2 sheds from last fall with backbones attached, 6 and an 8.

We have found 4 in Minnesota total this year.:rolleyes: Lots of miles walked.

Two however, were nice, so at least a couple of bucks survived the onslaught!