Iowa Bucks

bwoods11

5 year old buck +
I have several nice bucks on camera again in Iowa. It makes me think of how poor in comparison my land in MN really is....(sigh)

Attachments

• Big wide buckI Iowa.jpg
    Big wide buckI Iowa.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Iowa tall 10.jpg
    Iowa tall 10.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Iowa buck (Big Boy).jpg
    Iowa buck (Big Boy).jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 62
Gorgeous, thanks for sharing. You have a tag in your pocket for this year?

I think I am safe to say that in all my years running cams in MN, I havent had more than a couple deer like that total on cam.... especially in daylight!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Wow, brutes.

And you wanted to sell that place!:eek:

Gorgeous, thanks for sharing. You have a tag in your pocket for this year?

Gun tag only (another sigh)

And you wanted to sell that place!:eek:

I am glad I did not

This buck is only a 3 year old. We have his sheds the past two years

Attachments

• Iowa 2014--Buck 2.jpg
    Iowa 2014--Buck 2.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 29
3000 pictures in three weeks and most of the pictures were deer with a few raccoons. No coyotes/bobcats or humans this time!

Attachments

• Iowa 2 bucks.jpg
    Iowa 2 bucks.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 19
I could only wish I'd get a pic like those.

Awesome bucks.

I've hunted whitetails in a lot of states and nothing compares to Iowa. No booners?

I've hunted whitetails in a lot of states and nothing compares to Iowa. No booners?

I think the one buck pushes 165 Gross, but no booners as of yet.

My guess that this one will be a booner if he survived last year (he showed up in January 2014) and probably does not live on my farm. He could be a mega giant if he survived.

Attachments

• droptine buck Iowa.jpg
    droptine buck Iowa.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 26
I think the one buck pushes 165 Gross, but no booners as of yet.

My guess that this one will be a booner if he survived last year (he showed up in January 2014) and probably does not live on my farm. He could be a mega giant if he survived.

That is always the problem, the big ones never show up til after jan!:mad:

I think I am safe to say that in all my years running cams in MN, I havent had more than a couple deer like that total on cam.... especially in daylight!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Biglake--I can't explain it. The main reason the bucks move in daylight in Iowa has to be pressure (1)... but there are hunters so it has to be more to the story. Personally I think it is the buck to doe ratio is very close, which creates competition for does/food/territory etc... This is why I would like to see APR, it will increase the number of bucks on the property, it doesn't have to be big bucks, more bucks period will make a difference.

It's rare when we get a buck over 150 inches in MN on camera, especially during the day.

Are u headed to Clitherall any time soon?

I know... off topic. Loll

Very Nice Buck, makes me want to own land in Iowa. Minnesota is not Iowa and I doubt we will ever approach Iowa but we can produce great bucks if given the chance.

Keep posting.

Are u headed to Clitherall any time soon?

I know... off topic. Loll

I was up there last weekend. We caught a nice mess of crappies, and a limit of Summer Shandy!!

Thanks for the invite.
My farm tour bus was gassed up. ;)

Thanks for the invite.
My farm tour bus was gassed up. ;)

I'd like to see your farm sometime!!

Ottertail County looks identical to Warren County, Iowa where I hunt. With the exception of many more lakes in Ottertail and more wetlands/swamps in Ottertail. Rolling hills/hardwood draws/crop fields/CRP/River bottoms. It's the same. Sure the winters are more difficult up here, and the soil is not as fertile, but we still should have good numbers of deer and plenty of nice bucks up this way. I think we all know what the real difference makers!

Young one with potential

Attachments

• Iowa (2014) Buck.jpg
    Iowa (2014) Buck.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 14