Iowa buck

bwoods11

5 year old buck +
What do you guys think of this buck? He showed up on my Iowa farm.

Not sure if he is old/young? Shooter or?

Remember this is Iowa

image.jpg Iowa buck with picture

Last edited:
Looks like a 4 yr old to me. I would shoot him. Cool buck

Shooter.

As has been stated by many others, many times, if he makes YOU happy, shoot him. Some would shoot him, some would not. We all have varying goals and expectations as to what a shooter is. 5yrs. ago I would have shot him, this year I wouldn't. Goals have changed for me in that time. Good luck with your decision, he is a nice buck with a lot of character.

As has been stated by many others, many times, if he makes YOU happy, shoot him. Some would shoot him, some would not. We all have varying goals and expectations as to what a shooter is. 5yrs. ago I would have shot him, this year I wouldn't. Goals have changed for me in that time. Good luck with your decision, he is a nice buck with a lot of character.

I agree with you. It's not really a make me happy issue. It's more that I am not sure how to judge this one. He looks like he could be 3 or 4 years old. Could he blow up into a major giant? I don't know. The thing about Iowa is there is always another one to shoot, so it's not like you have one choice. That being said, I only have 5 days to hunt in December and I might not see any shooters?

To be honest, if he shows up in range, I probably will not pass him:cool:

Working with just that picture I am going to go with 3.5 yrs old. Lots of character. More than likely I would give him an arrow through the boiler room!

I agree he is a shooter.

Working with just that picture I am going to go with 3.5 yrs old. Lots of character. More than likely I would give him an arrow through the boiler room!

Something tells me his 3.5 too. I've seen these odd rack bucks blow up in one year in Iowa from like say a 130-140 to a 170 or bigger. Tough call, but he'd be a good one to get.

BANG

he looks older than 3.5 to me.....and like MO buck i like unique racks...that dude would get shot at by me for sure!

I have lost two nice bucks that were regulars on my farm to the neighbors. I hope this buck is still there and moving to my corn plots!