Introduction and Ridiculously Large Kansas Bruiser.

Big Nasty

A good 3 year old buck
Greetings! I have enjoyed reading up on various topics for the last three years or so and have implemented multiple food plot, fruit tree, and habitat improvements based on lessons learned and advice from all you folks.

I just saw this on my news app. Absolutely crushed the Kansas state record.7589BF1E-C69F-4B7D-91AF-F22389805D79.jpeg

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/Kansas-bowhunter-takes-world-class-Whitetail-deer-566814661.html

UNREAL!

I would like to see the skull without the hide.

I would like to see the skull without the hide.
There are pics out there. I don't know much about scoring but I imagine this one was a nightmare. Very cool deer, imagine what it would have been like if both sides matched (the nontypical side)!

Bet that weighs a few pounds. I wonder if it'll be deemed a cactus rack and not eligible for the books. I'd definitely still shoot it.

Bet that weighs a few pounds. I wonder if it'll be deemed a cactus rack and not eligible for the books. I'd definitely still shoot it.
It's been scored, has a main beam on that side. I hope it stands...

Yep not too far from me.

Wow that is a just a giant!

It looks bigger in some of the other pictures than it does in that one. Definitely impressive. Boone and Crockett is usually surrounded by controversy. My guess is they find some way to disqualify it, if they can somehow label it as cactus. It does appear to have two main beams, but the net typical frame looks like it'd only be a 2-pointer. Will be interesting to see how they handle it. Any other upper echelon record deer this year? I saw an 8x8 typical from OK that might net 190s.

Saw where Klaus has this rack replicated. Thought it was cool to see what it looks like mounted up. Still a far cry from my dream buck.

butcher.jpgbutcher-2.jpg

He's half of my deam buck...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

True that. Wonder how many guys only caught a glimpse of his right side and passed.