All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

infrared grills?

bueller

I'm looking to purchase a new propane grill for the backyard. Based on what some of you post in the what's for dinner thread it's clear you know how to cook. Does anybody use an infrared grill?

Get a pellet grill you will love it.

Get a pellet grill you will love it.
I was leaning that way but backed off after reading about how they struggle to get hot for searing etc...

A fair amount of my grilling is something quick after work like burgers for the family.

Last edited:
If you get a good one like a rec tec you won't have that problem. Go to the Pellet Head forum.

Last edited:
Get a ceramic kamado style charcoal grill. They get hot almost as fast as a propane and they grill, bake, smoke, and sear. You can go from 200 to 700 and everything in between.

Think primo, big green egg, Costco brand, sams club brand.

You won't regret it

I have a Brinkman Infrared and like it. Well built and grates are heavy duty in mine and show absolutely no wear after 2 summers of hard grilling.

I think the Kamado style ones may be out of my price range. Looking to stay around $250. And prefer propane for the quick setup to finished product times.

About half the guys I work with have the Green Egg and absolutely love it.

I have them all!! I have grill issues. One word of caution.. I don't believe Brinkman is a brick and mortar company anymore. Meaning, I think that name has been sold and it's owned by someone off shore and is producing those in big box stores only. Also, when purchasing an "infrared" make sure it's a TRUE infrared grill. Those grills will have glow burners instead of typical gas flame bars. Most companies are now calling infrared a gas bar grill with grates on top of the grill that cause consumers to believe it's infrared. Char-broil uses "TRU INFRARED" phhhh NOPE.

I would recommend TEC grills. Great quality and will do a variety of functions. Buy one and it will last a very long time.