I think its him.....

phil@thesidehill

5 year old buck +
I think this may be the buck that I found the freaky matched set from back on April 1st.....the sheds i'm holding in my signature pic.

Injured front right leg....which coincides with his right antler being the more "mishappened" of the two from his 2013 set. It appears he doesn't walk or stand on it. The length of the hoof tells me he hasn't been walking on it for a while since it hasn't worn down and appears sharp....which also lines up with trail cam pics and the shed i found in march of 2013. I believe he was injured after shedding the 2012 headgear, but before or right at the beginning of 2013 growth. 2013 he was non existent, no sighting, no pics, no encounters.....then i found the sheds and realized how they matched up with the 2012 and 2011 sides I have. I would have never thought it was same deer because he went from a 140's 20" wide typical 10 in 2012 to a 15 point 12 to 14" wide non typical. The bases, bur points, and brows all share similar characterisitcs between 2011, 2012, and 2013 sheds...enough to make think with a 90+% certainty that this is the same buck. The sheds were all found very close together and in relation to the same food source.

This appears to be a physically worn down, but mature deer. If it is the same deer than i believe he is now 6 yrs old. 2011 i had him as a 3 yr old, 2012 a 4 yr old, 2013 as a 5 yr old. I'm anxious to see how the antlers develop to see if the similarities continue. Fingers are crossed!

By the look of his leg in the last pic, I would say he was shot.

He is also holding it up in every pic. I agree, he was probably shot or hit by a car.

Hopefully he setup shop on you place this year and you get a look at him in person!!! Alway amazes me how a 3 legged deer can get around so elusively . We had one around for almost 6 years he was missing his left front leg about half way down between the elbow and hoof. We called him stumpy and was one smart deer. Had to be to make it with all the Yotes we had back then.

Keep posting pic of him!!!!!

Hopefully he setup shop on you place this year and you get a look at him in person!!! Alway amazes me how a 3 legged deer can get around so elusively . We had one around for almost 6 years he was missing his left front leg about half way down between the elbow and hoof. We called him stumpy and was one smart deer. Had to be to make it with all the Yotes we had back then.

Keep posting pic of him!!!!!

I hope he sticks around. He disappeared completely last year with zero pics, zero sightings....i wrote him off from the top of the "hit list"....then i found the sheds and started piecing things together. The previous years he was not a regular visitor, but frequent enough to give me hope. I almost got a shot at him as a 3 yr old....he just needed to take 3 more steps....evening of November 9th chasing then tending a doe. the next year as 4 yr old i had an encounter with him...morning of November 2nd...he showed up cruising for does....he stayed out at about 150 yds and on the neighbors. I know that my property is just on the fringes of his core area...and that my side of the hill houses several doe groups....and he is aware of where they bed and comes looking for them when the time is right.

yeah i used to have a three legged deer in my yard in town...that boy could move when he had to!