I-phone 5 question

j-bird

OK - I have been living under a technological rock for the past 10 years. I got my first cell phone roughly 4 years ago. I was upgraded to day to my first smart phone - an I-phone 5 C - whatever that is.

Anyway - I tend to beat the crap out of stuff and since this is a company phone I need a way to continue to carry it with me while I do my thing in the woods without bringing it back next week in pieces. It came with this little rubber type case, but I don't see that being enough.

A co-worker said something about a thing called an "Otterbox" - I have to look into them - any of you guys use these or something else to protect your phone?

OK - I have been living under a technological rock for the past 10 years. I got my first cell phone roughly 4 years ago. I was upgraded to day to my first smart phone - an I-phone 5 C - whatever that is.

Anyway - I tend to beat the crap out of stuff and since this is a company phone I need a way to continue to carry it with me while I do my thing in the woods without bringing it back next week in pieces. It came with this little rubber type case, but I don't see that being enough.

A co-worker said something about a thing called an "Otterbox" - I have to look into them - any of you guys use these or something else to protect your phone?
Otter box is decent...but I would go with a life proof case. They are expensive but they do protect the phones. Both otter box and life proof will add some size and weight to your phone as well.

I have an Otter case for my Samsung S4. Seems to do the job. It is not waterproof but I believe that Otter makes a waterproof case now.

I have an Otterbox and it does fine for me.

Tell your company to get the insurance on the phone. :)

Look like otterbox or life proof will work - thanks guys.

I have an otter box on my S4 and it does the trick. My phone like my pistol is always with me. There are several good case's on the market pricey but worth it.

I have a Ballistic Tough Jacket brand case for my Galaxy S5, they make them for I-Phones as well. Very tough and durable cases and 1/2 to 2/3rds the cost of an Otterbox.

All I know is this thing is much smarter than I am. One minute I'm taking a picture of something and then I'm looking at myself - WTF happened! Well figured that button out - 2,000 more to go! I think if I plug this thing in somewhere it will drive my truck home!

I'll look into the ballistic tough as well.

I know what your talking about with them being smart. My first one I was learning to use it and got into something I didn't understand real well. I said out loud WTF is this and it typed it in on the screen.

Here's another thing to think about. Recently I upgraded my PC anti virus software to Kaspersky, the package I got can also be used on smart phones. I did put it on my phone and it has some slick features. From my PC I can locate the phone by GPS, I can lock it or set off a alarm to locate it. It will also take pictures of whoever is trying to use it and E-mail them to you. Last year I had my phone bounce off the ATV but I was lucky and found it before it got run over. If it happens again I can locate it faster. I'm sure there are other apps or software that do the same thing but the options are out there.

Careful....the dang smartphones are addicting. You'll be playing Angry Birds with the best of them soon enough.

We'll all get a chuckle when fall comes around and you're asking what portable charger is best so you can use the phone while in the stand.

Careful....the dang smartphones are addicting. You'll be playing Angry Birds with the best of them soon enough.

We'll all get a chuckle when fall comes around and you're asking what portable charger is best so you can use the phone while in the stand.

I laughed ^^^^^^^. So true as well.

Just remember to turn the volume down.

And what type of glove to use so his fingers don't get cold when he is using phone. lol

I'm lucky I can answer it and respond to texts and e-mails at this point. I have never been a quick adopter of technology even though I'm an engineer - I like SIMPLE and the KISS principle.

I like the idea of being able to locate it via GPS if needed. My buddy lost one of his in the woods while tracking a deer once. Camo case, ringer turned off - we looked but never found it - we figured some coon was calling up his homies and trying to find a good garbage can to shake down!

No games - since it came from the company I work for they seem to have some sort of ID/password protection on it. I will have to play with it and see how the whole picture transfer process works. I'll have to do some more habitat work of something worthy of a pic to play with.

I'm like a kid with a new toy!

And what type of glove to use so his fingers don't get cold when he is using phone. lol
I'm cheap, I cut the finger tip off mine.

I carry mine naked. That's without a case for those of you that don't speak the language.

But I have a real smartphone not a kids toy named after a fruit.

All I know is this thing is much smarter than I am. One minute I'm taking a picture of something and then I'm looking at myself - WTF happened! Well figured that button out - 2,000 more to go! I think if I plug this thing in somewhere it will drive my truck home!

I'll look into the ballistic tough as well.
An I phone is the simplest phone to work there is . I'll add, I've never used a case on any phone I've ever had and had no issues. A case just adds bulk. I don't even put screen protectors on anymore.

Well I got an otter box defender case ($45) for my phone - took my 13 year old to figure that thing out. I didn't see the point in spending a fortune for a case on the company phone - why protect their crap? Also found out I can talk and it will type during a text - the hard way. I was typing a text and hit a wrong button and I flipped out. I started cussing and then I really flipped out because it starting typing the words of poetry that had come forth. In a panic to delete it I then hit the send button! It went to my wife - the reply......"WTF happened??????"