I bought the right scope!

Telemark

5 year old buck +
I took the plunge and dropped about $1300 on a Hikmicro Thunder. It can be a spotter, stand alone scope, or clip-on thermal for a regular scope. I hunted last year with a thermal spotter I borrowed from a neighbor. It's like having a superpower. I found one on sale and clicked the buy button. Couldn't be happier. This thing is pretty darn rad. Anything warm just pops out at you. It can be a bit tiresome in an area with a lot of bare stone after a sunny day, but glassing a field on a pitch black night, there is no mistake a out what animals are out there.

That’s very cool

Love it! "Like a superpower"!

I think most of the better thermal is out of financial reach of your average yahoo’s

Damn,

Thats the cats meow. Thought I was in heaven years ago with a 243 and gen 1 nightvision for youtes.

Quick search and I couldn't find anything about buying one in the US. Probably not available/allowed. But it was a quick search.

I got a calf tonight. I was in an enclosed blind, and had an alarm set for 03:00. When I woke up I saw 3 deer in the food plot, but couldn't make out any details. The thermal clearly showed a stag, a hind, and a calf. The landowner had specifically said he wanted calves to be prioritized, so I got it in my scope, and when my eye finally adjusted to the dark, I took the shot. Nice clean kill through the lungs. It was interesting that the lead-free bullet didn't drop the calf like lead bullets do, but I got a clean pass-through with little bloodshot meat. The deer only ran about 30 meters before it dropped, but it's the first time I've seen a deer that small run after a shot from a 308.