All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunting technology embrace or resist????

Native Hunter - That device in your post #10 looks like it could be found in shops with " xxx " on the door !!! Can you picture the people in the marketing dept. laughing their a$$es off coming up with the packaging & naming of that thing? Make a great gag to sit on the counter at a proctologist's office !!! Patients would be passing out.

You laugh about different gadgets - you should have seen the look I got when I received my "Butt-out" one year for x-mas. Great little tool, but a little graphic to those not familiar with the field dressing process. My mother thought there as something VERY wrong with me! She said it looked like a handle for a deer's ass, when I asked her what she thought it was for - she told me that was what the antlers are for!!!!

I just hope my doctor never has to use one of these things on me....

I'm not sure why, but they are longer and larger diameter this year than they were last year!:eek: o_OMy godson and I were picking up ammo at Wally-world the other day and when we saw them, we were asking each other that very question. We started laughing so hard I think the clerk was getting pi$$ed at us. At least he hurried over and got us our shells out of the cabinet so he could get us out of there.:rolleyes:

Native Hunter - That device in your post #10 looks like it could be found in shops with " xxx " on the door !!! Can you picture the people in the marketing dept. laughing their a$$es off coming up with the packaging & naming of that thing? Make a great gag to sit on the counter at a proctologist's office !!! Patients would be passing out.

Yep, that proctologist scene was the first thing I thought of when I saw it...LOL.

She is good! Just got off the phone with her. Her official due date is Mon. Im on duty till Mon morning. I told her if she could time it tomorrow some time that would be great so I could use my 24 hr paid emergency leave haha. Dont think the lil rascal cares about my schedule though. I cant wait to see whether we get a boy or a girl. Think a girl would be a good addition to the family but healthy is all that matters ya know

Jordan,

Just talk the Mrs into one last fling before she cuts you off. Sometimes a little action gets things moving.

Jordan,

Just talk the Mrs into one last fling before she cuts you off. Sometimes a little action gets things moving.

Yes, but you don't want the kid coming out with a face like a Pug Dog!:eek:

Jordan,

Boys she has been chasing me around the house for a change trying to get things to happen! I'm easy to convince:) but doesn't quite feel right to hammer down if yA know what I mean. As mo said I don't want the kids head to look like a titetlest golf ball!

It might not feel right but it will feel good enough!

Yes, but you don't want the kid coming out with a face like a Pug Dog!:eek:

So that's why my kids had such messed up teeth. Now I know.

Boys she has been chasing me around the house for a change trying to get things to happen! I'm easy to convince:) but doesn't quite feel right to hammer down if yA know what I mean. As mo said I don't want the kids head to look like a titetlest golf ball!

You have that big of Driver? I will ask your wife!

Hahahahahahahahaha!

I do a little bit of both embracing and resisting technology. Which I do is largely dependent on if I believe it passes the common sense test. If I can't wrap my mind around how it is supposed to work and see how it could make a significant difference, I resist it.

At the same time, with each passing year, I am becoming more and more of a K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid) type of a hunter. I find that if I put myself where deer want to be, go undetected and make the shot, good things seem to happen.

At the same time, with each passing year, I am becoming more and more of a K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid) type of a hunter. I find that if I put myself where deer want to be, go undetected and make the shot, good things seem to happen.

Had to smile when I read that ... such a simple concept that so many cannot comprehend.

I do a little bit of both embracing and resisting technology. Which I do is largely dependent on if I believe it passes the common sense test. If I can't wrap my mind around how it is supposed to work and see how it could make a significant difference, I resist it.

Steve first off thanks for getting us back on topic haha
Second have you had any experience with the tracking product I mentioned in my initial post? Looks pretty dang interesting.

Had to smile when I read that ... such a simple concept that so many cannot comprehend.

Instead of the soap box rant I typed up, I'll spare you all and just agree. I firmly believe we try extremely hard to make hunting, deer management and habitat improvement far more complex than it really is. My rant was on how/why that's occurred and all the damage it's done.

Steve first off thanks for getting us back on topic haha
Second have you had any experience with the tracking product I mentioned in my initial post? Looks pretty dang interesting.

No experience with it at all. From a practical standpoint, I just can't see how it could work on a somewhat consistent basis. I have a hard time believing that it wouldn't impact arrow flight or how it could consistently stick in the deer, as it's running through brush and bouncing off trees, without hurting penetration. I'm all for increasing the odds of finding mortally hit deer, but I've got a hard time buying that this is the answer. About the only thing I can see that can trump tracking skills is training a dog...I've wanted to own a tracking dog for many years, but never took the plunge and suspect I'll die still relying on tracking skills.