All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunters

Greta&Gus

5 year old buck +
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

I am spending some time organizing my trail camera pictures. I have 5 pictures of other hunters in the woods doing their thing. I think these are super cool even though you hate seeing them take down deer. On a side note I heard that a neighbor east of us killed 9 coyotes this winter. There is no shortage of them out there.

All really cool pics other than loosing your deer. That last one looks like a pretty good sized yote.

Looks like the other hunters arent doing so well the last few years like us hunters.... No pics since 2011 of the hunters with a meal in their mouths.

Those are all very neat pictures.

Thanks for p[osting.

When I used to run my camera, the pictures of other animals and picts of fawns were what I looked forward to the most.

If there are lots of coyotes around, there probably is not a resident wolf problem. I am in a similar area. Occasional wolves, but the cattleman do not liek to see them around....

I have to add that grey fox always bring a smile to my face. They are a beautiful animal. Do you have any fishers in your area?

I get a few pics of fishers every year but almost always in the winter. Usually on the deer carcasses. I get both red and Grey foxes at times and a weasel every once and a while. We had two wolves come through last September, our bear hunter even saw one on stand, but the frequency of then has gone way down. They are not far away though. I love all of the unique pics you can get with trail cams. I also love fight scenes. I have 40 pics of two bucks going at it over 2 hours, super cool.

Nice pics! Is that a Bobcat with a fawns head?

That second pic looks Like a wolf to me. Short tail, long legs

Looks like wolf to me too. When I zoom, head is wide with quite a bit of distance between the ears. Too much to be a yote IMO.

You guys are right, it is a wolf. A few hours before this photo was taken two wolves were making their way up the draw. I am not quite sure what he has in his mouth though. Is it part of a deer or smaller varmint type animal?

The bobcat does have a fawn in it's mouth. Still the coolest trail camera picture I have ever napped.

Wow those are some interesting pictures. Pretty nice that you captured them but it would definitely frustrate me at the same time.

My mistake, I missed one of my 'hunter' photos. Count that as #6.

CDY_0011-1.jpg

I would really like to get a pic of a bear with something in it's mouth. Maybe this spring if I am lucky as long as it's not a fawn.