Hub and spoke food plot video.

omicron1792

5 year old buck +

Cool looking setup. My place will look like this (longleaf savanna) but is much more hilly. I do think you midwest gentlemen could do something like this.

I wouldn’t put in middle due to wind and having to swivel whole time. But turkey foot with three to five lanes in front and sides could be cool.

IMG_3232.png

Ya, I saw that one.
Cool setup for sure, and that’s about the perfect kind of cover to tuck it into as well. It wouldn’t make any sense in my old field setup, but I wish I had a recent clearcut to do it in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, I saw that one.
Cool setup for sure, and that’s about the perfect kind of cover to tuck it into as well. It wouldn’t make any sense in my old field setup, but I wish I had a recent clearcut to do it in!

Why don’t you think it’d work in an old field? I think topography is the main issue.

Why don’t you think it’d work in an old field? I think topography is the main issue.
I think old field is perfect honestly.

Topography makes harder with you would need shooting house on hill and maybe taller. But could give you more range.

It also works well in pine plantations with some work. Have them cut lanes when thinning. Harder to do a spoke though. Usually more of a cross with house in middle or one long shooting lane

Thousands of them in the young WRP in MS Delta.
Yeah. Kinda common but not not this extent. I think lots mow spoke lanes. This is a bit more. Ha

That’s the single ugliest beard I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t make it 1:00 due to the inability to concentrate.

I think YouTube is peaking. Not much new out there anymore. Just same stuff keeps getting made over and over again.

The deer don’t seem to consider my old field habitat as bedding or good secure cover like they do clearcuts or thinned pines. I think it is the difference between waist high native grasses versus head high saplings. They are definitely more comfortable than when it was grazed pasture, but not the kind of comfortable like I see in the terrain/vegetation type shown in that video.

Here's one in south Georgia showing time progression.
View attachment 61449View attachment 61448
I think my message got lost. People have been doing star like shooting lanes through timber like all the pics since rifles invented.

This was more doing through longleaf savanna, which seems more rare. And it just looked cool.

I think my message got lost. People have been doing star like shooting lanes through timber like all the pics since rifles invented.

This was more doing through longleaf savanna, which seems more rare. And it just looked cool.
Apropos of nothing…longleaf are so much cooler than loblolly

Apropos of nothing…longleaf are so much cooler than loblolly
They sure are. My love language.

The grasses look more like the prairies of the Midwest a lot of you gentlemen hunt. Was just wondering if anyone doing in old pastures, crp, etc that look similar. Haven’t seen many pics of those online.

They sure are. My love language.

The grasses look more like the prairies of the Midwest a lot of you gentlemen hunt. Was just wondering if anyone doing in old pastures, crp, etc that look similar. Haven’t seen many pics of those online.
This is in an old pasture behind my mom's house. He doesn't plant each lane every year. He alternates. It's a great way to maximize food in cover. You can also manage the slices of the pie in burn units.Screenshot 2024-01-11 082453.png

Screenshot 2024-01-11 083023.png

This is in an old pasture behind my mom's house. He doesn't plant each lane every year. He alternates. It's a great way to maximize food in cover. You can also manage the slices of the pie in burn units.View attachment 61450

View attachment 61451
Love it!

If you read my thread where I killed my biggest buck this year I do the same. I didn’t plant but I mowed three spokes through clear cut radiating from shooting house.

It’s a 3-4 year old clear cut, but from ground everything is 4-8 feet tall, some taller. Without lanes and elevated shooting house you might have a herd move through and not see a one.