How You Get To Your Deer Stand

How do you prefer to get to your deer stand? (Top two answers accepted)

• Walk

Votes: 37 80.4%
  • Gas or Diesel ATV/UTV

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Electric ATV/UTV

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • E-Bike

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Car/Truck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I get dropped off by a Car/Truck

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Sleep in the blind overnight

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
As long as the hunter puts his tag on it, I don't care how he got his deer. 1 DEER, 1 TAG. Not knocking anyone else just my opinion.
Exactly. Me too. Let everyone do as their own personal ethics see fit, as long as within the law.

Taking a step back this fall from it all and heading in from the canoe to some public land spots here in KS.

Always wanted to bring a buck back out on one.
Post a pic when you do! Sounds awesome

Ok I’m not sure if you are making a joke or are serious!
I’m pretty sure he’s talking about his Kawasaki mule not ol bessy mule
You gonna do more hunting this year? I think I remember last year you had just bought a new place and didn’t get out hunting much.

You gonna do more hunting this year? I think I remember last year you had just bought a new place and didn’t get out hunting much.
I actually hunted a lot last year. I shot a buck early November so I just piddled around the rest of the season. This year will be a challenge. I have a baby due 9/10 so I have to be strategic! I plan on leaning heavily on help from 10-15/11-15

I actually hunted a lot last year. I shot a buck early November so I just piddled around the rest of the season. This year will be a challenge. I have a baby due 9/10 so I have to be strategic! I plan on leaning heavily on help from 10-15/11-15
Congrats! What number kid is this for you?

How many buck tags do y’all get?

Congrats! What number kid is this for you?

How many buck tags do y’all get?
Number 2. 2 girls. 4 year old and this new one. We started late as a couple. I’ll be 44 2 weeks after she is born. Wife is 3 years younger but we were on the fence about having kids and now couldn’t imagine it another way. But…I will say I was not super on board with number 2 at first haha

We get one buck tag and I’ll be lucky to use it. As of now I have 2 bucks on the list. So chances are low regardless of limited time.

Pretty soon, people will get a drone to drop them in.

Ever see deer react to a drone? I think they'd freak out from a greater distance than most any other method of motorized access.

When you ride in, do you tie your mule up and he just hangs out for however long you're in the stand?

LOL! Sorry, but that is funny. Sorry Thomas, not laughing at you, just with you. I ride my Kawasaki mule SxS.

Last edited:
LOL! Sorry, but that is funny. Sorry Thomas, not laughing at you, just with you. I ride my Kawasaki mule SxS.
HAHA that makes more sense 🤣

HAHA that makes more sense 🤣
I have to admit, I assumed he actually rode a mule out. In the western states this would not seem strange at all.

Yea I'm listening to too much bear grease podcast lol
Clay Newcomb LUVS a flashy mule.

His stuff is at least wholesome and i can listen with the kids in the car.

Slick. I park 20 feet from my blind. This is what walked out opening morning as 5.5 three years previous I let go at 15 yards and let it go as a 6.5 at 70 yards. He was shot as 7 .5 one mile north. No trail cams allowed on my property. Imagine how much better it is to see this in person. Otherwise I wouldn't not even bother to hunt. I am amazed more daggers weren't thrown my way. Thanks dog I appreciate ya. Sorry there is no justification for trail cams during the season and no way to spin it. The states dnr and pope n young n Boone crocket need to get off their sorry ass and ban it. I just don't believe they have the balls to do it. Doing what you all know is right takes courage to stand up. Sorry to blast the panel but it's the best path forward.

Attachments

• 20240409_192641.jpg
    20240409_192641.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 37
Slick. I park 20 feet from my blind. This is what walked out opening morning as 5.5 three years previous I let go at 15 yards and let it go as a 6.5 at 70 yards. He was shot as 7 .5 one mile north. No trail cams allowed on my property. Imagine how much better it is to see this in person. Otherwise I wouldn't not even bother to hunt. I am amazed more daggers weren't thrown my way. Thanks dog I appreciate ya. Sorry there is no justification for trail cams during the season and no way to spin it. The states dnr and pope n young n Boone crocket need to get off their sorry ass and ban it. I just don't believe they have the balls to do it. Doing what you all know is right takes courage to stand up. Sorry to blast the panel but it's the best path forward.

Nice buck! It sounds like it worked in that instance. Are the deer conditioned to motorized vehicles on your property? Some of us aren't on our farms enough to condition them so access via motorized vehicle is a no.

You're entitled to your opinion on trail cams but I certainly don't share it. Trail cams save way more deer than they help kill. Even cell cams.

Stand access has been an issue for me, well more for my son than for me. My main stand is literally less than 100 yards from my front door. My problem is my son walks through my food plot to get to his stand. I dont approve of this at all, and I know it effects the deer in my stand. But I only have 25 acres, and it is deep long, skinny wide. Not many options for him to get to his stand, but he could walk the property line, rather than through my food plot. I have also suggested he take an atv to his stand, but more than likely would piss off neighbors riding an atv at 6 am. An electric bike would be a neat thing for him to get to stand, but there is a rather steep hill that I doubt it would make it up, and he would have to end up pushing the bike, and carrying a gun.

Honestly, it use to bother me more than it does now. Now that I live on the land, I bow hunt during bow season, and only hunt for big deer. Grand kids hunt the youth season in early October, I bow hunt the rut in late October, early November, gun season is the week of Thanksgiving, and is usually just my son, and myself, and I could care less if I shoot a deer during this time, then after gun season, bow season runs until mid January. If my son comes up hunting, and enjoys it, it means a lot more to me than him messing up my gun hunt by walking through my food plot. The grandkids have done a good job putting meat in the freezer, so my son and I arent out trying to just shoot a deer, it is to get the right deer.

Why did you let that buck go at 6.5?

you see the thing about opinions is...

I appreciate your opinion, but it's just that. YOUR set of morals aren't the standard. They're your standard. I know people who take hard lines in life. They usually end up with just their hard line to keep them company because no one else wants to be around them. I may be wrong, but pushing your moral standards onto others, particularly in something as trivial as killing deer is laughable.

Mort when your dad is 87 and he has a chance than it's an easy choice. Let's be honest I have not shot anything in 8 years and I frankly don't care if I ever do. It's not worth the time to process for the little bit of meat you get. Here's a picture of spindley my neighbors wife took from the road. He will be 6.5 this year. Frankly not that impressive but my dad still has a chance. Roy I told my dad about your nasty comments and he wondered if you have a Tim's tampons dispensary in your blind. 24 7 365 up to the second information about every place on your property and how that's fair chase. I notice you can't dispute the facts only cast stones and when I see the likes in your comments iwonder if any of those sheep can either.

Attachments

• IMG_9149(1).jpg
    IMG_9149(1).jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 15
Mort when your dad is 87 and he has a chance than it's an easy choice. Let's be honest I have not shot anything in 8 years and I frankly don't care if I ever do. It's not worth the time to process for the little bit of meat you get. Here's a picture of spindley my neighbors wife took from the road. He will be 6.5 this year. Frankly not that impressive but my dad still has a chance. Roy I told my dad about your nasty comments and he wondered if you have a Tim's tampons dispensary in your blind. 24 7 365 up to the second information about every place on your property and how that's fair chase. I notice you can't dispute the facts only cast stones and when I see the likes in your comments iwonder if any of those sheep can either.
That's noble of you, honestly. My dad isn't 87, but he's 77. I'm treading the line of helping him be in a position to score, while not helping too much. I know that if I passed a monster 6.5 year old buck, my dad probably wouldn't stop mocking me. Not trying to be mean, but if you're happy not taking a deer in the past 8 years, you're probably not a deer hunter technically. Being a deer observer is perfectly fine. Do what makes you happy. I honestly don't like cellular cams, and have never used one. I listen to the debate, and hear there are uses such as getting pics only at midnight, or guys who live out of state who like getting a few pics and keeping an eye on their property. Wish things were always easy.