How to post pix to this forum?

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
Finally have some pix to post for a short land tour. Never posted pix b-4. What is the process? I have a bunch of pix - not all of which will be used. I only want to post the best ones. Thanks in advance.

Look for the "Upload a file" button on the composition page. Then you can pull it off your computer. It'll show below the text box. Then you can click on "full image" and it will insert it into your message vs a thumbnail. Make sure you cursor is where you want it before you click full image.

I put my pictures on a 3rd party website like Google Picasa, then I just copy the image location and paste them in. IMO it works a million times better than uploading directly to the board but thats me.

Once your picture is on some 3rd party gallery site, then you just right click, copy image, and then paste the url into this website using the image icon.

I just drag and drop them from my desktop or folder into the forum post. Seems to work great for me and it doesn't get any easier than that, don't have to upload them anywhere. If you are using a smartphone, I suppose it is a totally different ballgame. Drag and drop is assuming you have the photos off your camera and on your computer.

I've tried using the "upload a file" option but the file size of my photos were too large to be done this way.

Drag and drop sounds very easy. Is there the same limit to the size of the file/photo when using this option?

Photobucket is free and is what I currently use.

I've tried using the "upload a file" option but the file size of my photos were too large to be done this way.

Drag and drop sounds very easy. Is there the same limit to the size of the file/photo when using this option?

Photobucket is free and is what I currently use.
I haven't had any issues with it telling me my pics were to large, maybe they were all within the guidelines? I have some curious photos of some clover I took with my 12 megapixel camera this past weekend, that I will post when I get home. They should be relatively large files, as I was shooting on highest resolution. We will see if the D/D works without resizing.

Resizing the pics is the only way around the file size I've found. On my phone, I just email them to myself and pick the "medium" size, usually a couple hundred KBs. That works. Using photobucket, I'll resize before I download them to there on my computer.
I also resize the pics that I want to post here before uploading them to photobucket. I save the resized photos as new files so I still have my "full size" photos. It would be awesome if the upload a file option here automatically resized photos to 900 x 675 or something of similar size.

I haven't had any issues with it telling me my pics were to large, maybe they were all within the guidelines? I have some curious photos of some clover I took with my 12 megapixel camera this past weekend, that I will post when I get home. They should be relatively large files, as I was shooting on highest resolution. We will see if the D/D works without resizing.
Apparently all the other pics I've posted were under the forum maximum size limit. I just tried to drag and drop my full sized clover pics from this weekend and it gave me the "file too large" error.

So the question for John is, what do you have the maximum file size for uploads set at on the forum?

Apparently all the other pics I've posted were under the forum maximum size limit. I just tried to drag and drop my full sized clover pics from this weekend and it gave me the "file too large" error.

So the question for John is, what do you have the maximum file size for uploads set at on the forum?
I use photobucket. I upload it to photo bucket, copy the image and then paste it here.

I use photobucket. I upload it to photo bucket, copy the image and then paste it here.
I do this as well, upload to photobucket, paste in the IMG tags here. I then normally remove the URL tags because I don't think people want to click on my picture and get transferred to the photbucket site.

I think its 1 MB.
It is likely you are correct badger, I tried to drag and drop a pic at 1.14MB and I got the oversized error. Same pic sized at 933KB dragged right into the post from my desktop. 1MB it is then.