All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to buy a planter.

foggy

5 year old buck +
I'm thinking it's time for me to buy a 3 point planter to use with my 3320 tractor. Here are my thoughts on what to do. I need to get into timbered areas that are somewhat tight. I may plant as much as 5 to 6 acres of plots. Im thinking two rows. My tractor tires are 60" wide. So I'm thinking of using a (JD) unit planters on 24" centers. (i.e.: 12" / 24" / 12" ) Right?

I'd plant corn and beans. Do most guys run the dry fertilizer units? I'd think it would save some money? Any other advice?

I do 6 acres with my Flex 71. No fertilizer buckets on ours.

Pretty simple machines.

what happened to wildfires? I thought you were hot to check on his?

I do 6 acres with my Flex 71. No fertilizer buckets on ours.

Pretty simple machines.

what happened to wildfires? I thought you were hot to check on his?

^ Yep. I wrote a PM to Wildfire and asked some questions and to get a pic. No response. Not sure what it is he exactly has? Somehow the first pages of this thread are now gone (???).

I am going to be going to AZ in a few days. I would buy his planter from a pic and give a little money down for a hold till I get back......but I gotta know some specs and see a pic. :)

Its basically a "brand new" John Deere Flex 71... I saw it this spring.

I cant find his email address..... :(

I know where it is, so if you have a cutting torch we can get in no problem. :)

As I said to him in a PM....."I think I am your buyer." I'll buy it based on his say-so. Pay 1/2 now and the rest when I can come and get it. I'm assuming it's a 3 Point, adjustable two-row and looks good and has corn and bean plates? If so, I 'd like to own it. :)

I'd like to chissel $100 outta the price. But it sounds to be a fair price and Wildfire is a good guy......so I suppose I can compromise my nature. ;)

It is an adjustable 3 pt. I can tell you that much on his behalf.

I can hold the half down payment on his behalf as well. :)

Last edited:
Tom-I will forward his email address to you.

Tom-I will forward his email address to you.
I sent him an email earlier today Art. Lets see what happens.

Email sent, with picture

Email sent, with picture

Thanks for the pic Jerry. Nice looking planter that will suit my needs perfectly. Lets mark it SOLD! I will give you a call tomorrow when I'm feeling better. (flu :( )