How Often To Spray Apple Trees

SwampCat

5 year old buck +
Bonide fruit trees sprays recommends maximum of two sprayings a year. I just sprayed today. Apples the size of a quarter. Dont feel like only one more spraying will do the job. Will it hurt anything if I spray another time or two, as long as I dont eat them until after the recommended wait period after spraying ?

In the fall prof kent had some good info on what and when to spray.

I've used the bonide stuff in the past, and sprayed this year too. Was going to do once a month if I see a reason to do so. Little pahids, japanese beetles, tent catepillar blob, etc.

Feeling I need something better than the bonide. Sprayed and it killed the little tent catepillars eating my young trees, but a few days later they're back. Tempted to put some grease or tape on the trunks so they cant climb into the trees. I'm doubtful bonide has residual effects, just whacks whats there that day. I also saw some young leaf burning. Saw that last year too. Did 1.25oz to a gallon sprayer.

Most insecticides will call for spraying to start just before petals open, then right after petal fall, then every 10-14 days depending on rainfall. The two most important spray times are just before and just after bloom, that's when the plum circulios do most of their damage. Dormant Oil spray is sprayed when the trees are dormant, usualy early Spring, to smother the egg masses laid on the tree limbs.