How many apple trees per food plot?

Yup, thanks, on this farm we have it all, but as in most of the NE, just to many people, to much hunting pressure. I just went there turkey hunting there, what a difference a few years makes. Way to much MFR! Here's a buck using that opening in 2012. You can see all the browse that filled in. View attachment 436

Maya MFR is big problem here along with honeysuckle and autum olive. What is the solution to getting rid of it? I keep cutting it it keeps spreading.

No clue!

That's kinda what I'm doing.

I started with intentions of feeding deer. now I should have over 50 varieties. if my family and friends get to enjoy a few or I can make some cider awesome. but I have never really had intentions of growing to sell. it has turned into a hobby / passion. it's all very interesting to me. plus we have the room.

What is MFR?

Multi flora rose. Imagine a overgrown rose bush from he!! That pretty much sums it up:D. We used to call it cat claw as well.

"cat claw" ...LOL, now that sums it up! It does thicken things up but it takes over way to much. We go through that orchard with the bush hog once a year, just so we have some shooting lanes. I have noticed an area where the pines started getting bigger it shaded out the mfr. Maybe that's the only solution to it. Has anyone tried nuking it w/ 24d or something?

Here in southcentral Pa the multiflora rose is slowly being killed off by the Rose Rosette disease. Carried by a mite it is said to be expanding over the MFR range. My problem plants here on the Back40 are Green Brier a native and Chinese Bittersweet an invasive that I'm ashamed to say I planted years ago.

I have 8 foodplots. They all have 7-10 trees per plot planted in pairs to assure that I have blossoming at the same time.
Works for me..