Homemade boomless sprayer

nwmn

5 year old buck +
I got a 275 gallon tote. I also have a skid steer. I have a plan to eliminate cool season grasses in my woods and not having to use my side by side.

Two questions.
1. what kind of sprayer pump does a guy need if they want to run it off skid steer hydraulics?
2. What is the longest range boomless nozzle? I'd love to be able to use a sprayer while navigating with the skid steer. Knowing it can handle a larger water load as well is very compelling.

I'm not an engineer and I'm tired of googling this with no answers.

Why not run sprayer pump off battery?

Do you have a lot of open canopy? In my experience the grasses only stick around for a few seasons until the next stage of successional growth takes hold. I just logged a section of my back woods and I have Johnson grass and a few cool season grasses but I expect their stay to be very short lived.

Why not run sprayer pump off battery?
I've looked into this as an option as well. Probably be better that way. I want to get boomless nozzles thst have good reach so I think I'll need a good pump for that

Do you have a lot of open canopy? In my experience the grasses only stick around for a few seasons until the next stage of successional growth takes hold. I just logged a section of my back woods and I have Johnson grass and a few cool season grasses but I expect their stay to be very short lived.
Yes I'm in the process of opening up the midstory in a lot of the woods. Tons of ash, basswood and box elder taking up sunlight. Good to know they naturally get out competed over time. Need to get aspen logged and run fire through at the right time and I hope to make a dent by doing that.

I got a 275 gallon tote. I also have a skid steer. I have a plan to eliminate cool season grasses in my woods and not having to use my side by side.

Two questions.
1. what kind of sprayer pump does a guy need if they want to run it off skid steer hydraulics?
2. What is the longest range boomless nozzle? I'd love to be able to use a sprayer while navigating with the skid steer. Knowing it can handle a larger water load as well is very compelling.

I'm not an engineer and I'm tired of googling this with no answers.
SkidSteer sprayers are a great option! We might have some knowledge on this if you have questions.

SkidSteer sprayers are a great option! We might have some knowledge on this if you have questions.
I've got a 275 gallon square chemical tank and would like to use it for spraying in the woods to combat cool season grasses this spring. I would need it to be boomless and controlled from the cab. I don't know how to draw up schematics, or how a proper system is set up, but I'm willing to tinker and learn.

My guess is I can run it off an electic pump, which I can just run a switch into the cab? Do I need a return or is that only needed for a gas pump and not on demand?

My guess is I can run it off an electic pump, which I can just run a switch into the cab? Do I need a return or is that only needed for a gas pump and not on demand?

Yes, electric will be easiest and cheapest. 12 volt diaphram pumps usually have a pressure switch and turn off & on as necessary to maintain the correct proressure. So you flip a switch to turn it on, and it kick off and on as required to keep the pressure up. With these pumps you don't need a return line because if there is no flow, the pump turns off, so no heatup of the water.

I'd start with picking out nozzels. I buy most of my irrigation supplies from sprinklerwarehouse. Here's their selection of fixed spray nozzles.

Once you have decided on nozzles, add up the gpm you need to feed the nozzels, pick out a pump that is around that GPM. here's diaphram pumps on amazon.

Yes, electric will be easiest and cheapest. 12 volt diaphram pumps usually have a pressure switch and turn off & on as necessary to maintain the correct proressure. So you flip a switch to turn it on, and it kick off and on as required to keep the pressure up. With these pumps you don't need a return line because if there is no flow, the pump turns off, so no heatup of the water.

I'd start with picking out nozzels. I buy most of my irrigation supplies from sprinklerwarehouse. Here's their selection of fixed spray nozzles.

Once you have decided on nozzles, add up the gpm you need to feed the nozzels, pick out a pump that is around that GPM. here's diaphram pumps on amazon.
Man, battery pumps are like pee wee football compared to the nfl of pto or hydraulic roller pumps.

Check out kings sprayers and have them build exactly what you need. Email or call them and they will get you what you need. Pay once cry once.