Henry Lever .410 - shooting 45 colts?

SD51555

5 year old buck +
You suppose you can safely shoot .45 colts through this gun? I saw one of these at Fleet Farm and got that feeling in my guts that said…

4efe51efb31a1a5ca9263a9fe0840509.jpg

7fecc0f5ef5c8309bc56fff348296757.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Alec Balwin, he might know?

I own two Henry .410 shotguns. I keep one in OZ and one in MN. Both have the shorter 20" barrel that I prefer for my uses. They shoot 2 3/4" shells only....that includes birdshot, slugs and buckshot. Great gun for home defense too. I don't own anything that shoots 45 colt.....and I have never known anyone to shoot 45 colt through them. They do not have a rifled barrel. They certainly do not advertise it that way. I like these shotguns as a truck gun and the lever action models now with the side gate loading means......as you can top off more easily or slide in a different load than you may have in the tubular magazine. Still the front load tube is nice for unloading and faster to load mulitlple shells.

EDIT: 2 1/2" shot shells. And NO you should not shoot 45 colt and I dont think they will fit.

I have a Smith & Wesson Governor. Handles .45, Colt .45 & .410. The Colt .45 has 255 grains of power. I think a .410 has only 12 grains. I would go with what the manual aes the gun for.

I have a Smith & Wesson Governor. Handles .45, Colt .45 & .410. The Colt .45 has 255 grains of power. I think a .410 has only 12 grains. I would go with what the manual aes the gun for.
I shoot 45 colt and .410 outta my Taurus Judge. It'd be really neat if this Henry could do the same. I just don't know about pressures and rifling and so forth. I sold my dad my Henry lever 45 colt, and I kind of want that back. This would be a great way to get two guns in one.

I shoot 45 colt and .410 outta my Taurus Judge. It'd be really neat if this Henry could do the same. I just don't know about pressures and rifling and so forth. I sold my dad my Henry lever 45 colt, and I kind of want that back. This would be a great way to get two guns in one.

Love my Governor, alternate Colt .45 longs & .410 with buckshot. Great personal defense ...

Ever get a definitive answer on this?

No. I may call Henry tomorrow. Glad you reminded me.

I've got the afternoon off for a Dr. appointment, and I've got some road time. It'd be super if it would do this. I really like both of those rounds for doing work.

Sure does seem like it would be a nice piece to have close by when out and about the farm.

I called Henry. I should have seen this coming, but they cannot recommend anything other than what's on the barrel. They did say if I was gonna shoot .410 slugs out of it, the factory choke would need to be swapped out.

I think the logical answer here is to figure out how to put a bead sight on the Big Boy .45 colt and not goof around with both.