Help with new tree from cummins

On Cummins site they explain that one varieties grade 1 does not necessarily equal the grade 1 of another variety or species.

On Cummins site they explain that one varieties grade 1 does not necessarily equal the grade 1 of another variety or species.

Do you think that the varieties that were big this year will be big next year? I guess I'm trying to ask, is this more of a cultivar by cultivar type thing, or a year by year thing, or both? For example. Will their goldrush and enterprise of a grade 1 usually be larger, or did it just happen to be that this year they were larger?

I would say there will always be some variation from year to year, no one can control weather. Some varieties grow faster than others so in any age class those more vigorous varieties will likely be bigger annually.

:eek:
All 20 trees planted, fabric, and crushed lime stone. I am glad I dug the holes with a backhoe because I needed a full bucket to bucket and a half to fit the roots. Got them all planted and watered twice, can't believe how dry the ground is for this time of year. Ran out of time on the cages so hopefully the one deer we have seen this year leaves them alone for a couple weeks. I am not sure how cummins fills their orders but the majority of these 20 trees are all ready bigger than the once I planted from them last year. Maybe ordering early makes a big difference. I will do some pics later after I wash the 10 pounds of dirt off me. What a great weekend.
Chummer

The one thing I would never let go for even a day are the cages at my place. I guarantee if you have 1 deer he will find those tender Apple leaves and chew those baby branches until his belly is full. I hope I am wrong but it could be happening

:eek:
Chummer

The one thing I would never let go for even a day are the cages at my place. I guarantee if you have 1 deer he will find those tender Apple leaves and chew those baby branches until his belly is full. I hope I am wrong but it could be happening

Based on sign and sighting I may have exactly one deer. I hoped to get them caged but the rocks really slowed me down, back filling the holes took forever. I have had some crabs in for two weeks now and they have not been touched yet. If I had the time this would be the year to do a massive unprotected planting. I also have 20 hazelnut that have been in for a week untouched to. Them and the crabs have started to leaf out ahead of everything else and they are still untouched. Hopefully they will be okay.

Chummer, if you don't mind me asking, how much were those trees from cummins? I saw a few years ago thst they had volume pricing for whips for $10/tree @100 trees.

Chummer, if you don't mind me asking, how much were those trees from cummins? I saw a few years ago thst they had volume pricing for whips for $10/tree @100 trees.

You get a discount starting at 20 trees. If I remember right I paid between $17-20 per tree. My original order was for 15 trees and it it worked out that if I bought one more I got 4 more for free.

That is about the price they charge for 100 and over It's good to combine orders with friends