Help, I want hunt public land in ILL, what do I do to get started to find a place?

Critter Chaser

Yearling... With promise
I want to find some public land in ill. How do I get started. What is a good site on the internet to get started on to find some public land? Thanks.

Where at in IL and for bow or gun?

Thanks for info. I am going to start doing some research. I would like to find another option to hunt every year.

Where at in IL and for bow or gun?
Bow and I was thinking NW part of the state. I am open, just looking for another place to hunt than central WI.

Have you considered Iowa?

Bow and I was thinking NW part of the state. I am open, just looking for another place to hunt than central WI.
Not a whole lot of public land that I know of in this part of the state. Might find some out in Jo Daviess County. There are some state parks that allow bow hunting but you have to check with each individual one for their rules and regulations.

Shabbonalake has bow only, and produces nice deer

to my knowledge, most all of the core of engineers land along the rivers is open to hunting. I did quite a bit of hunting in IL in those locations in years past. Also, some of the parks have sections open to daily sign in hunting for non-res. I've gotten into some really good hunting on a couple of those, too, so long as you are willing to go a smidge deeper than the locals. The catch is that a significant portion of their parks lands is either a draw or open to residents only, though. So, be sure to check that.