Hatched turkey eggs?

Bszweda

5 year old buck +
Accidentally stumbled upon what I think are hatched turkey eggs. Also bumped two bobwhite quail. It was a good day
20200516_082001.jpg

Looks more like predated turkey eggs to me. Doesn't look like a nest and the hole in the one egg looks pretty small for a chick to get out. Let's hope they are hatched, but they don't seem to be in a nest where they were incubated.

Looks more like predated turkey eggs to me. Doesn't look like a nest and the hole in the one egg looks pretty small for a chick to get out. Let's hope they are hatched, but they don't seem to be in a nest where they were incubated.

Yeah I thought they looked like something got them, and I agree I the hole seems awfully small. I didn't see any yolk in the shells.

those were predated

Definitely looks like predator got them to me. I found one similar in our orchard a few years back.

nOqHHJB.jpg

Had a weird one a couple years ago in our back pond. The wife called me over and said there was a duck egg in the pond, I walked over and it sure looked like a turkey egg but that was very strange because it was late August. It had puncture marks in it so I cracked it open and sure enough a dead little turkey poult in it. Only thing I could figure is a racoon lost it in edge of pond and it was maybe a third time attempt at a re-nest?

pyFojGl.jpg

15rsRkt.jpg

I like it way better when I find nests like this.

EPsBScf.jpg

Definitely looks like predator got them to me. I found one similar in our orchard a few years back.

nOqHHJB.jpg

Had a weird one a couple years ago in our back pond. The wife called me over and said there was a duck egg in the pond, I walked over and it sure looked like a turkey egg but that was very strange because it was late August. It had puncture marks in it so I cracked it open and sure enough a dead little turkey poult in it. Only thing I could figure is a racoon lost it in edge of pond and it was maybe a third time attempt at a re-nest?

pyFojGl.jpg

15rsRkt.jpg

I like it way better when I find nests like this.

EPsBScf.jpg

Your pictures look more like the eggs are in nests to me. In the OPs pic, I could not see what looked like a nest. That is why I thought his looked predated. They seemed scattered with no nest in sight.

Thanks,

Jack

Your pictures look more like the eggs are in nests to me. In the OPs pic, I could not see what looked like a nest. That is why I thought his looked predated. They seemed scattered with no nest in sight.

Thanks,

Jack

They are in nests except for that odd egg we found in the pond.

Hatched ones have a different look, the shell membrane is more evident and looks thick. This is an older hatched nest few weeks after hatching so it's kind of far gone and critters/birds have drug shells around.

lax0fgc.jpg