Hard days work reward at the cabin

I broke out the grill tonight as well - but I didn't do a damn thing today but go to a deer show! Hahahahaha. You got a nice shooting house out of it, and I just had deer burgers and hotdogs - so I guess you win!

Looks like an honest days pay for an honest days work to me!;) Very nice!

When I'm at my property it doesn't feel like work. I think of it as therapy.

It felt like work after taking a chunk of my thumb off cutting trim. The son thought it was pretty cool seeing the chunk of thumb on the work bench.

image.jpg
image.jpg

He wouldn't have thought it was so cool if it were his thumb,;) I hope dad's misfortune taught him a valuable lesson.:oops:

T
He wouldn't have thought it was so cool if it were his thumb,;) I hope dad's misfortune taught him a valuable lesson.:oops:

The sons comment was " Dad, why didn't you move your thumb out of the way of the razor blade while you were cutting?" Wisdom of a 8 year old.

My grandfather always told me, "That's what happens when you put something where it doesn't belong" AND his favorite, "Don't worry, it'll feel better when it quits hurting"

You sure those are scallops on the grill? Might want to check your other fingers!

Nice marks on the porterhouses! I usually mark them and than cook them with offset heat to seal the flavor. Scallops look delicious! I bet the steaks were awesome! Those filets look thick! Nice job, except on your thumb!!

I did nearly the same thing except to my index finger and mine took a chunk of finder nail with it! Lol. I did it with a knife I had just put a nice edge on and had even warned a few other people in proximity that the knife was really sharp....lol! The chunk of my finer with the finger nail still attached to it were dangling from the knife!

Looks like a good way to cap off a day of work!