happy birthday to me....

phil@thesidehill

5 year old buck +
Yesterday was my B-day....one of the things i wanted to do was to go pull cards from the cams.....had this guy on one! it wont be long now.

Good luck with him! and Happy B-day

Very nice deer. I like the bit of trash going on at the front.

Nice Phil! That looks like a darn good one! When you gonna slip into your honey hole? I know you usually wait till the time is right and its getting closer. Bucks have been moving in Mo. At least becoming more visilbe on the rds anyway

Phil is the deer in the pic from the same area as the deer mount you just picked up. This one also appears to have the same close beam tips. Cool pic!!!! Happy belated birthday hope the new born let you get some sleep!!!!

Happy birthday Phil - Look forward to seeing your new mount next year...;)!

Good luck and happy belated B-day.

Very nice deer. I like the bit of trash going on at the front.
thanks! yeah I'm digging the trash as well....he actually had a lot more junk last year.

Nice Phil! That looks like a darn good one! When you gonna slip into your honey hole? I know you usually wait till the time is right and its getting closer. Bucks have been moving in Mo. At least becoming more visilbe on the rds anyway

Thanks!

I would have been in there this AM if the wind had more west than south to it. we had our first really good day to be in the woods this AM....26 deg and October 20th. Over the last 8 yrs my first daylight pics and encounters with mature deer have come from around October 23rd plus minus a few days. The weather is going to warm up a bit into this week with lots of rain.....and NE winds....which are terrible for my property. The buck in the pic i've had two encounters with in the past...November 2nd 2012 and November 7th 2011....so maybe history repeats itself,

Phil is the deer in the pic from the same area as the deer mount you just picked up. This one also appears to have the same close beam tips. Cool pic!!!! Happy belated birthday hope the new born let you get some sleep!!!!

Deer Kar
The buck that is mounted took his last breath about 10 yds behind the maple in the background of the above trail cam pic.

Thanks for the B-day wishes!

The little dude is on a pretty good sleep schedule now....i can't believe he will be 1 year old on November 18th....time flies.

Deer Kar
The buck that is mounted took his last breath about 10 yds behind the maple in the background of the above trail cam pic.

Thanks for the B-day wishes!

The little dude is on a pretty good sleep schedule now....i can't believe he will be 1 year old on November 18th....time flies.
Looks like your deer have a genetic trait that has there main beams curve in close together . I like deer with character ! Must be all that snow you feed them in the winter. Ha! Hope the wind straights out so you can chase that bugger!!!!!

Looks like your deer have a genetic trait that has there main beams curve in close together . I like deer with character ! Must be all that snow you feed them in the winter. Ha! Hope the wind straights out so you can chase that bugger!!!!!
Yeah...there must be something in the town water...lol. I see a lot of similar antler traits from year to year....mainly a lack of one or both brow tines.

Happy belated b-day, Phil !!! ( And I know where you live !!! ).......... had my pins on him 3-4 times........... But I figured you were eyeing him, so I let him walk !!! Seriously - good luck with him or any other biggy that straggles thru.

Happy belated b-day, Phil !!! ( And I know where you live !!! ).......... had my pins on him 3-4 times........... But I figured you were eyeing him, so I let him walk !!! Seriously - good luck with him or any other biggy that straggles thru.
Hahaha...so you drove by the house and saw him in the pen out back? lol.

Gotta admit - I never saw such a well-built.......... CORE AREA? !!! :D How long have you seen him around? Couple years?

Gotta admit - I never saw such a well-built.......... CORE AREA? !!! :D How long have you seen him around? Couple years?
this is the fourth year....hard to even fathom a 6 yr old buck in this neck of the woods! I have 3 yrs of sheds from him and have seen him from stand twice. the first time if he took 3 more steps i would have gotten a shot...glad that didn't work out in the long run. took a drive around the area this AM and unfortunately one of the neighbors and his buddy are hunting...very close to my property line. worst part is that the wind is all wrong for that area today. I hope they don't screw it all up for me. I need those does nice and calm and on their regular pattern to bring the big boys in real soon.

HB Phil. Good Luck.